1.8 T oil light problem

Katie1800t

Car
Audi a3 1.8t sport
Hi, i have an audi a3 1.8t sport, my oil light keeps coming on, ive flushed the engine twice its had new filters all round and spark plugs, but my light keeps coming on, would love it if someone can help me.
Also when my car gets to about 4 grand it keeps "nose diving" ive changed all breather pipes and few other pipes but still keeps doing it? Any suggestions with help on that?
Thanks

Re: We have a new forum for oil questions

When you say light keeps coming on do you mean engine management or oil low light?
If engine management then you could take it into the garage and find out what error codes it's throwing up by plugging into diagnostics port.

Greetings Katie1800t and Welcome to our TorqueCars Forum my Friend!
Good to have you along with us :)

Adam has made some valid observations there, can you identify exactly what the light is?

Not sure what light it is because my digital desplay screen is broke:( but it beeps 3 times and i was told it was oil, but i will take into concideration to plug into diagnostics as my friend has got one:) thanks

When does the light come on? Is it on acceleration or braking? Is it on corners? Does it go out when the engine revs are high? It's possible it is a failing oil pump, or blocked oil ways.

Had new oil pump last week, its when i accelerate and it happens all the time, corners and straights etc, i can try blocked oil ways see if that helps an get back to you

It sounds to me like the sludge problem, blocked oil ways. It is probably worth getting the turbo checked out as well due to the power problems you are experiencing.

Does the engine run hot? Is it noisy or rattly at all?

Oil sludge is a big problem for the VAG 1.8T so that would be the first port of call...

Pardon my ignorance here J :embarrest: but could you use some sort of a flushing agent; I know there are different ones available and some have already been used but to no avail on the car, also would a different type of synthetic oil in the car help or is it just a badly designed engine?

Last edited: