1.8 Astra Tuning (16v ecotec)

Stiggy

Torque Junkie
Car
Audi A3 Quattro
hey guys was wondering what would be the best engine mods to do on my motor. Can anyone help me out on that one ?

No its standard at the moment and for the time being a dont have a budget, but i dont wanna go crazy with power like turbo conversions and so forth. Im just looking for a general order to do things and what mods are best suted to the car like for example is a cone filter better for my car or a pannel filter

Cone filter with a sports exhaust but you MUST get a cold air feed pipe. Cams give a big power hike, I'd do this along with head work - flowing etc... Remap is always last but won't make much difference on a NASP.

FSE boost valves will make the car seem snappier on throttle. Weight reduction. Upgrade the brakes as well - I was not impressed with the brakes on my 1.4 Astra - good quality pads can make a difference there but a big brake conversion would obviously be better.

Fantastic now iv got some goals. another question is, is their any place you can buy thicker anti roll bars to reduce the roll of the car through hard cornering ? and can you buy uprated springs with out lowering the car ?

Best bet is to get an adjustable suspension kit and set it high (I like Koni's and Tein). Ask your local garage about anti roll bars - they might be able to knock something up for you and weld a strut brace in as well for good measure.

Why don't you want to lower it?

well the roads arnt exactly smooth round wear i live and their are bucket loads of speed humps, not to mention the fact my car often gets filled with people. on the adjustable set ups can they be adjusted electronicly ? or is it manual ?

Tein do an electronic adjustment but it not really worth paying the extra - just set the car up yourself for the weekend - most now let you make adjustments on the car.