1.6 mk1

kamamakazii

Car
Focus 1.6
Hi guys totally new to modding this is my first real car (just got rid of a 14 year old 1.2 fiesta that was falling apart) I was just wondering if there were any cheap (under £100) upgrades i could do to my new car to make a few slight performance upgrades and what you guys would recomend thanks.

TBH with only a £100 your not looking at getting any real gains. BHP gerenally costs money. The rule is the more BHP you want the more money you'll spend. Buy yourself an aftermarket airfilter and see if you can source a back box. But like I say you won't really see any gains.
Welcome to Torque Cars by the way.
What year is your Focus? Is it zetec?

like TN said your not going to find much for under £100. pick up a panel filter, around £30 and smooth out the internals of the airbox if there rough. if you want some induction noise drill a few 15-20mm on the bottom of the airbox, just remember that you will need to fit some ducting to prevent hot air going into the intake. Halfrauds do aluminum ducting for around a tenner.

so for around £40 and maybe an hour or 2 of your labour you might have a couple of bhp gain

The 1.6 Zetec is a lively engine as standard. PG has given some good cheap tips there. I have done it this way a few time and it does actually work. Make sure it's well serviced and the plugs and leads are in good condition you can loose a little from this if they are in poor condition.

Right been having a look in the bank accounts and can probably splash out some more want to check a few things first.

1) Do you guys think its worth putting money into this car?

2) if so what would you upgrade on it?

Right been having a look in the bank accounts and can probably splash out some more want to check a few things first.

1) Do you guys think its worth putting money into this car?

2) if so what would you upgrade on it?

It all depends on your own circumstances and your personal preference. What do you want out of the car?

i dont want to bother with the asthetics at all im happy with the way it looks but it would be nice if i could have a slightly faster car, i had tried to buy a 2.0 ST but parents got all pissy about it. I would be more intrested in trying to add a bit of power to kick the acceleration up a bit if possible.

You want to be getting yourself an Aftermarket air filter with a cold air feed front the front bumper. A cat back exhaust. You could even de-cat it if you wanted. You won't see any real gains but you will notice a difference. Also make sure your engine is up to date with services and stuff. And that the plugs and leads are in tip top condition.
You will never see any true gains without spending a massive amount of money. Keep it for a while and save up for something with more potential to begin with would be the best advice anyone could give you.

yea i think ill wait till im out of uni and then look for something with more potential when i have the revenue stream coming in.

Please watch this on my YouTube channel & Subscribe.

Back