1.4lt to GTi 180

Italyboy

Car
206 1.4
Hi all,
Am driving 206 1.4lt, after fixing the KN air intake and the APEX muffler power is still missing?
How possible to swap with 206 GTi 180 engine?? I need your help to clear all my doubts about suspension, clutch, axels, engine mounting, and break system.

The 206 GTi 180 engine is available with the gear box and all wires and chip, but manifold air filter are missing...

Forgive my bad English...

swapping in the 180 engine is easy enough but your going to need more than engine gearbox and wiring loom.
as the 2.0 is heavier than the 1.4 youll need to change the suspension and brakes as well.

That's quite a task you've set yourself. How about just replace the car with a higher powered model and avoid paying inflated insurance premiums for modifying the car?

Actually, and you'll probably shoot me down in flames initially, but a 2.0 HDi 110 will happily remap to 150bhp and probably have almost twice the 180bhp petrol car's torque at half the revs.

That would be a serious little road burner in a 206 with tyre squealing 3rd gear shove.

Last edited:
thanks guys for the quick replay,

HDi fun,,, it wont cost me that much for insurance, so its ok with me, and i ready to pay for something like :bigsmile:, ya regarding insurance its aint a big problem i have alot of friends;)

pgarner,,,, yes you are right, but i dont know what break system whould fit to my car,, the same case with suspension??

get the brake and suspension from the 180.
the point HDI is making is the cost of buying the engine gearbox ecu loom suspension, calipers, discs, possible hubs and master cylinders along with all the time / labour to fit it, then pay the modiied premuims. it may be cheaper to sell your 1.4 and buy a Gti

Brakes from the 180 would probably fit as well but I'd look for something BIGGER :lol:

For the suspension go staight of coilovers imo. Spax RSX, KW Varient 2 etc etc...

The 206 was available in 110bhp HDi form, but supply and availability are limited. I think that would be my choice base car. If you do elect to go down the diesel route (and don't dismiss it) then avoid the 90bhp as it's not fitted with an intercooler and you won't get significant power and torque gains from it.

A missing manifold and air filter are not major problems. It sounds like a great project. Don't skimp on the brakes, and get disks all round.

Discs all round do give a better pedal feel. You'll also get a cleaner initial bite. Under full bore anchoring up there's little in it in lightweight cars such as 206s.

What about the engine mounts? Is it going to fit normally or modification should be done?

Regarding the suspensions I notice there are some for 2061.4 and for 206 GTI180. But am totally confuse in this?? Which one you recommend?? Plus I want to know any possibilities of any modifications are required during the swapping.

Please watch this on my YouTube channel & Subscribe.

Back