1.2 16v sxi (2001) yellow scum oil cap ?????

mikeybutch

Car
Corsa 1.2 sxi 2001
iv got a build up of (yallow/beige) thick scum all round my oil filler cap' the car is running perfect, i only noticed it while checking the oil. not sure if it was some sort of grease??? ... im going to remove the rocker cover and clean it all out (mainly because this is usually a very bad sign of somthing wrong).. CAN ANYONE ADVISE PLEASE :amazed:

If you just do short journeys it could be condensation building up. This colour happens when water and oil mixes.

In a worst case scenario it means the head gasket is going which causes the coolant to mix with the oil. You'll generally notice white smoke from the exhaust and need to keep topping up the coolant levels.

As Waynne has said, looks like impending head gasket failure if excessive 'mayo' is evident. Keep an eye on coolant levels.

This is what i had suspected ..... thanks for the advice ......the car has been sitting for 6-9 months, so it really has'nt helped redlining it !!!! just cant help myself lol... in the long run it might do me a favour ' forcing me into changing the whole lump for a 1.4-1.6...ANY ADVICE ON DONNER ENGINE TYPE ???

Drop in a Cavalier SRi 130 engine! The 1.6 SXi is a good choice but if you can get the 2.0 Turbo to fit you'll be laughing. Most engine swaps from a 1.2 will need a new gearbox with higher ratio's and the full loom and ecu.

Please watch this on my YouTube channel & Subscribe.

Back