£1,000,000 roundabout

obi_waynne

Administrator
Staff member
Car
A3 1.4 TFSI 150 COD
Apparently it will cost £1,000,000 to install a roundabout on a notoriously difficult cross road junction.

Instead the local council are dropping the speed limits and creating laybye areas for mobile speed camera traps!

Do you think the roundabout cost is excessive? I reckon that most of this cost is paperwork for planning and feasability studies. The red tape really seems to slow down and inhibit any sensible alterations to our road systems.

tbh not many ppl know how to use roundabouts it seems! i was comin to a mini roundabout there was no one to my right, someone straight ahead of me going straightahead, then an oap to my left, i was just comin up to the roundabout saw no one was moving and decided to set of, even though i felt it was my right of way anyway, then as i got to just about to steer my way round the friggin oap sets off and i have to slam on my brakes, blare the horn and then she stops right in front of me anyway!!!!!!!

also on big motorway roundabouts some people think it clever to go in the left hand lane to turn right and cut you up even when your indicating to turn off at the exit!!!

but 1,000,000 is stupid

for that price, id throw on a giant hula-hoop and stand there
thats way too much for a roundabout

Dover road by any chance?

Somebody has been reading the Mercury ;)

hehe

Ermm, if they were that bothered, they would put AVERAGE speed cameras along that road, because you can't speed through them ;)

Besides, they said the roundabout wouldn't be feasible

I wanna know how people are dying on that road, every time I go on it, everybody is going between 35 and 45 mph rather than 50mph, so why the HELL do they need cameras?!

Also Waynne, coming from Dover, from the Castle exit, onto the roundabout towards Deal, you keep in the left lane right for the second exit? I always do, then people go in the right lane and shoot across you to get out the same exit WTH is that about?

For people that don't know the roundabout, it has 4 exits. 1 left, 1 straight over, 1 right and the one we are coming from, I wanted to go straight over.

Last edited:
Yup thats the one. DDC really wind me up sometimes! Its when people drop to 40 because there is a speed camera that gets me going.

People just don't seem to get that roundabout, the one at Whitfield for Canterbury is another, they stay in the left lane for what is technically a right turn!

The roundabouts with lane markers and exit lanes seem to sort out the idiots and bring them in line with the rest of us.

I drop to 40 for a speed camera :embarrest:

That's only because I don't have standard alloys and I know my speedo is slightly out, so I dont wanna risk it, but I am only at 40 for that split 10 seconds, then i'm straight back up to a legal 55 :)

speed limit (+10%)

It's actually allowed :)

I drop to 40 for a speed camera :embarrest:

That's only because I don't have standard alloys and I know my speedo is slightly out, so I dont wanna risk it, but I am only at 40 for that split 10 seconds, then i'm straight back up to a legal 55 :)

speed limit (+10%)

It's actually allowed :)

I've been tryin to think what the leyway is for speeding for ages. I though it was +4or something mph then 10% but couldn't remember.....:D

The only way of knowing for sure is to get your speedo calibrated or check the speed shown on a Sat Nav. Speedos can be out by this much which is why we have the leeway. If we have a speedo that is out and then we assume we have another 10%+3mph we will have a problem.

You can be prosecuted for driving at 31mph in a 30 limit. It is rare, but if the officer concerned has been wound up or needs to get you on a technicality, then you don't have a leg to stand on.