03 Jaguar S-type R

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Nice car.

I've got the same - a 2007 model in Ultravoilet. Its had a larger inter-cooler and modified top and bottom pullies fitted to the supercharger and now cranks out about 500 BHP. The extra performance is noticeable across the full rev range and its great for that fleeting overtaking opportunity.

Re: Jaguar S-type R

I am not aware of the UK having that many strips where you can run a timed quarter mile so the opportunity is quite limited.

As for a dyno run yes I have recently had that done. We had a problem getting a proper reading as she kept slipping on the rolling road. In the end we had three people in the boot and five inside the car to hold her down. After five or six attempts she came out at 493 BHP with 650 nm of torque.

Sweet. Saving up for an R myself.

How much extra power can the standard gearbox take? The R versions have stronger boxes than the normal cars I believe. Did you have to remap?

Re: Jaguar S-type R

I am not aware of the UK having that many strips where you can run a timed quarter mile so the opportunity is quite limited.

As for a dyno run yes I have recently had that done. We had a problem getting a proper reading as she kept slipping on the rolling road. In the end we had three people in the boot and five inside the car to hold her down. After five or six attempts she came out at 493 BHP with 650 nm of torque.

There's bound to be a few near by! Santa Pod shouldn't be that far - Google is your friend :) bet you'd get a great time and top speed with what you're running.