03 Alero Suggestions

Chevra

Car
03 Alero
Just got an 03 Alero and I am looking at doing some engine mods on it but I dont know where to start. It has the 3.4 engine. I was looking at putting on a cold air intake with a K&N filter first. Does this do much? Any other suggestions? I dont know what exhaust would make this car sound beastie.

obi_waynne

Administrator
Staff member
Car
A3 1.4 TFSI 150 COD
Where abouts are you from? An induction kit (in a cold air feed box or panel filter) would give a better top end on 3.4 engine. If you want a performance exhaust then you should get a full system rather than just a cat back or rear silencer.

Hello and welcome to TorqueCars, good to have you with us - sorry for not replying sooner.

Last edited:

Chevra

Car
03 Alero
Im from Sask, Canada. Probably know where near you ha. But ya I was definately looking at an intake kit. Any suggestions on what type to get? I was looking at some one ebay, but i don't know if they would be any good or not. The supercharger would be nice but its kind of pricey. A full exhaust would be great to have because im looking for more of a V8 type sound. I just need to find a place that will do it for a decent price. Thanks for the reply.

obi_waynne

Administrator
Staff member
Car
A3 1.4 TFSI 150 COD
The best intake kits are mounted inside an air box, do you get BMC carbon intakes over there? We've had a few members mount K&N cones inside a closed box with a cold air feed.

The easiest and probably best option is to drop a K&N Cotton gauze panel filter in the air box and get better breathing througout the engine range.

The more you do the greater the power gain will be. Get a full exhaust system and do a bit of head work like polishing and porting to fully realise the potential.

A set of fast road cams would be worth considering and these would make the single biggest difference. After you've done the mods turn up the tuning with a remap and maximise the overall power gains.