004560 Rail pressure plausibility delivery controlled

GeorgeKLT

Car
bmw e90 318d lci
Hi guys,

I was hoping you can point me in the right direction to sort this issue out.

I get low fuel pressure error after 3000rpm, usually when I floor it but even if you accelerate at a slower rate, limp mode kicks in.

The car is a bmw e90 318D 2009 with the following mods:

335 e92 intercooler (modified to fit my car)
bigger injectors(solenoid) from N57 engine(bosch code 0445110382)
hpfp from N57 engine / CP4S2 L75 (bosch code 0445010634)
hybrid turbo GT1749V
dpf off

I had to modify the fuel rail in order to accommodate 2 fuel pipes from the L75 hpfp.
The rail fuel pressure sensor and the rail fuel pressure regulator came from the donor car along with the hpfp.

I've tested the injectors and the hpfp at a bosch location and they confirmed that they are working fine.

Fuel filter has been changed about 2 months ago.

From what I read on the net about error code 004560 all the items from the fuel system can be at fault so I need to narrow it down.

I recorded live data from when the fault occurs but I'm not sure how to attach the images here.

Also, pre supply pressure from fuel tank is 3.7-3.8 bar (3.8 bar is max pressure)

Any ideas on what might cause limp mode?

Thank you.

My guess is a faulty fuel pressure sensor or blocked fuel filter has the EGR valve bolt come loose, are there any fuel leaks across the fuel rail? They are the obvious first thing to check.

Did you actually uprate the fuel pump? The N57 fuel pump flows better, but does it flow enough to cope with your turbo mod?

How much boost is the turbo providing? How was it mapped?

Thank you for your reply.
I was able to upload the logs when the car entered limp mode if you can access below links.

EGR has 2 bolts on my engine(N47) and they are not loose.
No fuel leaks across the fuel rail.

The fuel pump can take 300hp as there are a lot of 530d lci out there that are remapped to about 300hp(from 258hp stock)
I have only 210hp(turbo has only stage 1 hybrid done, target is 280hp but fuel system is not letting me advance with the project)
Boost is 1.9bar

Fuel filter has been changed 2 months ago but I will change it again to eliminate possible fault with it.

Le me ask you something is it normal for the pre supply pump(fuel tank) to have 3.8bar pressure at idle and then when I floor it at around 3000rpm to still have the same 3.8bar pressure?

Please let me know your thoughts.

I will begin with changing the regulator valve and the fuel pressure sensor(both located on the fuel rail)

When the fuel rail pressure is too high, it dumps excess fuel back to the tank. Near the fuel return line, at the end of the rail sensor you'll find this relief valve, did this get uprated or swapped out with the fuel upgrades? It could potentially be dumping the fuel and causing a drop in fuel rail pressure.

Sensor swaps/tests is a good starting point on this tricky issue. Not one I've ever encountered before. I've known problems at over 2300mbar of fuel pressure, but nothing like this low pressure issue.

Did you solve this issue i have the exact same issue. Changed the HPFP now comes up with 4560 rail pressure deviation code and limp mode past 3000 rpm. Help would be appreciated thanks

Hi,

Yes, I fixed the issue.
I've changed fuel pressure regulator located on the high pressure fuel pump and it doesn't enter limp mode when I floor it after 3000rpm. I bought the Bosch part since the Bmw OE fuel pressure regulator was a couple of times more expensive.

Please watch this on my YouTube channel & Subscribe.

Back