0.89 of a litre of petrol into my 2006 ford 2.0 tdci, what shall i do

spike2018

Tuner
Car
Golf MK5 GTI
my tank was empty put 0.89 of petrol in, thought #!#!#!#!, pulled it out whilst it was running so not all of that went into the tank, filled it up straight away with redex diesle full system cleaner, and 49.8 litres of diesle, will the car be alright, as i belive its a common rail engine and aparantly these get damaged very easily, although drove it 4 miles to work parked it for 10 hours, and drove it 4 miles home, and seamed fine, help im panicking as people on other sites that iv read say it will be recked.

my tank was empty put 0.89 of petrol in, thought #!#!#!#!, pulled it out whilst it was running so not all of that went into the tank, filled it up straight away with redex diesle full system cleaner, and 49.8 litres of diesle, will the car be alright, as i belive its a common rail engine and aparantly these get damaged very easily, although drove it 4 miles to work parked it for 10 hours, and drove it 4 miles home, and seamed fine, help im panicking as people on other sites that iv read say it will be recked.

If you did put that little in then I can't see there being much problems. You have drove it and I suspect that if it was going to damage anything you would of know it by now. I think your lucky enough to not have put enough petrol in to cause any damage. Fingers crossed but like I say I would of thought you'd have know now as you have drove it. I wouldn't worry too much mate. As long as it's not smoking all the way down the road i think it'll be fine....

A tiny bit of petrol like that shouldn't hurt it at all mate aslong as you filled up with diesel straight away. I know of a couple of peeps that put's about 3ltrs of petrol in their tank every time they fill up the tank. Apparently is a quite good for a quick flush of your internals. Dont do it everytime but once every 3 or 4000 miles wont hurt ;)

A tiny bit of petrol like that shouldn't hurt it at all mate aslong as you filled up with diesel straight away. I know of a couple of peeps that put's about 3ltrs of petrol in their tank every time they fill up the tank. Apparently is a quite good for a quick flush of your internals. Dont do it everytime but once every 3 or 4000 miles wont hurt ;)

I thought petrol clogged diesel injectors? Especially on newer model diesels???

They can do if they pull to much petrol through, but .89 of litre in a new age one with a full tank wont hurt it at all. And yes my friend does it in a 2001 Audi diesel so you could well be correct on the newer engines as i've not known of anyone to do it every now and then on a new one. But as said, Spikes should be fine ;)

They can do if they pull to much petrol through, but .89 of litre in a new age one with a full tank wont hurt it at all. And yes my friend does it in a 2001 Audi diesel so you could well be correct on the newer engines as i've not known of anyone to do it every now and then on a new one. But as said, Spikes should be fine ;)

Yeah I though Spikes would be ok but I was just confused when you said your mate does it regular I just thought that over time that would cause damage... Cause 3 litres is quite alot...

3 is about the most he can use. He tested his tank size by running the car to near empty, filled it to the brim and found out that instead of the "60ltrs" displayed on the fuel gauge, it actually held 71 litrs. So with a 3ltr (maximum) drop of petrol, there would be 68ltrs of deisel so the ratio is very very low.

since you put a full tank off diesel in on top of it, its well diluted and should never get a problem from it
just aswell you copped it mate

yer exsactly the funny thing was i was debating weather to put super unleaded or unleaded in it, n its a diesle what a stupid thing 2 b thinking lol, iv ust brought a ddn device that shuld stop me doing it again :)