0-60 in under 5 seconds

obi_waynne

Administrator
Staff member
Car
A3 1.4 TFSI 150 COD
How would you achieve 0-60 in under 5 seconds.

Would you buy a car and tune it up or get one already capable of this time sprint target?

Which cars would you be looking at and what do you think the minimum budget is for this sort of power?

Chasing those targets is expensive. I'll stick with my 6* seconds ;)

However if money were not the limiting factor I'd stick with my Scooby. Forged engine, replace the turbo with a twin scroll, upgrade injectors and fuel pump, and the obligatory ECU remap, I've seen Imprezas reach that target with ease. £10k plus easy, the largest single cost probably being the forged engine; labour alone would half this guestimate. Of course money can be saved if one happens to be mechanically minded (and have the tools & equipment).

*My mapper achieved sub 6 seconds on road test; it was exhilarating. I can't shift gears quickly enough.

I've not had a go at mine tbh and I can't recall them logging it when I had my mapping done but I would guess that I'm fairly close, maybe half a second or so off the pace. Gotta get some holidays etc out the way then it's on with the progress methinks. I do prefer the in-gear acceleration though as opposed to standing start

It's a while back now.....well it feels more like a lifetime ago.

But I used to own an S1 RS Turbo that didn't cost me that much to get up to 265bhp at the wheels and that did 0-60 in 4.2 seconds....it was an animal.

It used to scare the S**t out of me every time I floored it as it would torque steer towards the pavement regardless of it having a decent LSD in it. It pulled that hard you was well and truly stuck in your seat.

And then I met the Ex-Mrs and everything went down hill from there lol