police ?

gendox

Track Warrior
Car
Pug 206 LX
first of hi again just got a new laptop and tinternet so im back in action.

Anyway i was browsing youtube earlier and came across some of these vids, some of the cars are very nice and some of the drivers very bad but worst of all there is like 20 of these vids and they are all about 10 minutes long, where are the police? there are normall cars and trucks driving by in all of the vids. Oh and just to clear things up i love drag racing but not like this its just dangerous.

just so you know what im onabout. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nD4KLftLH7A&feature=related

The police do act on complaints and have used youtube to gather evidence. There are also a few cases of muppets posting stuff up and then getting prosecuted for it.

I have to agree with you both and utterly condemn these idiots that put others lives at risk by doing this on the public roads.

well said i mean of that road was shut it would still be pretty dangeros people are crossing and loads of cars are parked at the side in one vid a car nearly gets wiped out by a bwm its like the old rallys.

Hams Hall in Birmingham is quite well known on another forum im on as a lot of the members are from brum, and there are often discussions about weather its right/safe/acceptable.

Its in an industrial estate, and usually kicks off in the evenings when not so many people are around. Saying that, there are still often members of the public driving these roads, and there was an accident quite recently where a racer hit a guy who wasn't even there to spectate (allegedly...)

The bit where all the action happens is a dual carriageway with roundabouts.

ive raced on the street before but only on long stretches out in the country with out any ins or outs along the stretch. typically we would block the street so no innocents could get in and it was kinda sanctioned as the local cops were there with us, but nothing even close to what these noobs are doing. if you want to race you need to do it right and not put people in danger that don't have anything to do with it. also make sure you take precautions (a nice big backhoe works great at blocking roads)

ive raced on the street before but only on long stretches out in the country with out any ins or outs along the stretch. typically we would block the street so no innocents could get in and it was kinda sanctioned as the local cops were there with us, but nothing even close to what these noobs are doing. if you want to race you need to do it right and not put people in danger that don't have anything to do with it. also make sure you take precautions (a nice big backhoe works great at blocking roads)

I like your style :D

How do they get away with stuff like that ? Or are the police around that area not fused..I know the coppers would have you banned instantly around where I live.

the cops were cool as long as we took the precautions to keep it safe for those not involved. i grew up out in the sticks so its not so hard to find a nice long stretch of road without anything on it that didn't get much traffic. Just had to make sure it wasn't the only road going to a specific area. had it set up so that pretty much anyone who wanted to could show up and those who didn't would know where we were and plan accordingly. you get some of the jerks but with the closest strip being 100+ miles away it was about as organized as unorganized racing can be.