How many car makers can we name

:lol:

I can see the confusion, when you have cars like the Corvette Stingray, ZR1, Z06 & LS1 etc. But really it's just the same as a Focus ST or RS. It doesn't help when most American cars are normally called by both names like the Dodge Charger & Chevy Camaro but when we talk about Corvettes we never say Chevy Corvette! :confused::lol:

Last edited:
Gilbern, Facel-Vega, and what about MINI now that it's a brand in its own right, or is that a bit close to the 'Corvette' debate?

What about Range Rover,and British Leyland (or were they only commercial vehicles?).

It is starting to get really hard now!

I would say that Corvette is allowed. They built the stingray so they get included.

Don't want to get into a huge argument guys, but, looking at my "History of the Automobile" it says and I quote

"As Detroits automobile industry got bigger and bigger, it's car makers concentrated on making the cars that sold well - sedans, convertibles and station wagons. For many years there was no time, no space and seemingly no demand for any American company to build a sports car. Until 1953, that is, when Chevrolet took the plunge and introduced the Corvette."

"The story began in 1952, when Chevrolet set out to produce a show car for General Motors' Motorama travelling exhibition which had been running since 1948. To make a prototype quickly, they produced a new box section chassis, but all the running gear was lifted from existing Chevrolets and the body was molded in GRP, or glass fibre, a newfangled material that could be shaped with the aid of cheap molds."

"Chevrolets Chief engineer, ED Cole, liked the Motorama car so much that he approved it as a production car, and only months after the first showing examples were ready for sale."

"In 1963 came the third generation models, dubbed 'Sting Ray', with a new chassis, all independent suspension, coupe and convertible body styles and top speeds of more than 140mph with the most powerful engines. To 1968 it was called 'Sting Ray' but thereafter to 1983, when the fifth generation model was released with radical new modern styling, it was named 'Stingray'."

Hopefully this answers any questions on the Vette's origin. :blink1:

Packard
Rootes Group
Iran Khodro Company
Saipa
Chang'an Motors

Last edited:
This is getting difficult ????????????
As you including makes that no longer exist like hispaio suiza and armstrong sidley then the list is almost endless because you have missed most of the derivatives or the modern uk companies eg the routes group which included hillman and sunbeam ,
Oh nearly forgot the derivatives of brish leyland , vanden plas , bmlc worlsey leyland etc etc
I am now bored. Ill come bak when the list is a lot bigger and add another lot lol

This is getting difficult ????????????
As you including makes that no longer exist like hispaio suiza and armstrong sidley then the list is almost endless because you have missed most of the derivatives or the modern uk companies eg the routes group which included hillman and sunbeam ,
Oh nearly forgot the derivatives of brish leyland , vanden plas , bmlc worlsey leyland etc etc
I am now bored. Ill come bak when the list is a lot bigger and add another lot lol
In five minutes (There are sooooooooooooo many left)

ALLARD
GINETTA
BOND
MATRA
SIMCA
NSU
TRABANT
YAWNS

Can someone do an updated, alphabetised list? I can't be bothered! And I want to see if I can name more!

Here goes: ( There were a few duplicates in there

AC
Acura
Alfa Romeo
ALLARD
Alpina
Alvis
AMG
Ariel
Armstrong Siddeley
Ascari
Ascari
Aston martin
Auburn
Audi
Austin
Auto Union
Bentley
Bertone
BMW
Bond
Brabus
Bristol
British Leyland
Bugatti
Caterham
Chang'an Motors
Chevrolet
Chrysler
Citroën
Cord
Cosworth
Daewoo
Daihatsu
daimler
Datsun
De Soto
De Tomaso
delorean
Dodge
Eagle
Facel-Vega
Ferrari
Fiat
Ford
Fraser-Nash
FSO
Geo
Gilbern
GINETTA
GM
Goggomobil
Gumpert
Hillman
Hispano Suiza
Holden
Honda
Humber
Hummer
Hyundai
Iran Khodro Company
Jaguar
jensen
Kia
koenigsegg
Lada
Lagonda
Lamborghini
Lancia
Land rover
lexus
Linclon
Lotus
Marcos
Maserati
MATRA
Maybach
Mazda
McLaren
Mercedes
MG
MINI
Mitsubishi
Monteverdi
Morgan
Morris
Nissan
Noble
NSU
Opel
Packard
Pagani
Panhard
Pegaso
Perodua
Peugeot
Plymouth
Pontiac
Porsche
Proton
Rambler
Range Rover
Reliant
Renault
Riley

Rinspeed
Rolls royce
Rootes Group
Rover
RUF
Saab
Saipa
Saturn
Scion
Seat
SIMCA
skoda
Smart
Spyker
Ssangyong
Studebaker
Subaru
Sunbeam
Suzuki
Tata
Tommy Kaira
Toyota
Trabant

Triumph
TVR
Ultima
Vauxhall
Volvo
VW
Wartburg
Westfield
Wiemann
Wolseley
YAWNS
Zastava
Zil

Please list your suggestions on separate lines as commas are a pain to paste into excel.

AC
Acura
Alfa Romeo
ALLARD
Alpina
Alvis
AMG
Ariel
Armstrong Siddeley
Ascari
Ascari
Aston martin
Auburn
Audi
Austin
Auto Union
Bentley
Bertone
BMW
Bond
Brabus
Bristol
British Leyland
Bugatti
Caterham
Chang'an Motors
Chevrolet
Chrysler
Citroën
Cord
Cosworth
Daewoo
Daihatsu
daimler
Datsun
De Soto
De Tomaso
delorean
Dodge
Eagle
Facel-Vega
Ferrari
Fiat
Ford
Fraser-Nash
FSO
Geo
Gilbern
GINETTA
GM
Goggomobil
Gumpert
Hillman
Hispano Suiza
Holden
Honda
Humber
Hummer
Hyundai
Isuzu
Iran Khodro Company
Jaguar
Jeep
jensen
Kia
koenigsegg
Lada
Lagonda
Lamborghini
Lancia
Land rover
lexus
Linclon
Lotus
Marcos
Maserati
MATRA
Maybach
Mazda
McLaren
Mercedes
MG
MINI
Mitsubishi
Monteverdi
Morgan
Morris
Nissan
Noble
NSU
Opel
Packard
Pagani
Panhard
Pegaso
Perodua
Peugeot
Plymouth
Pontiac
Porsche
Proton
Rambler
Range Rover
Reliant
Renault
Riley

Rinspeed
Rolls royce
Rootes Group
Rover
RUF
Saab
Saipa
Saturn
Scion
Seat
SIMCA
skoda
Smart
Spyker
Ssangyong
Studebaker
Subaru
Sunbeam
Suzuki
Tata
Tesla
Tommy Kaira
Toyota
Trabant

Triumph
TVR
Ultima
Vauxhall
Volvo
VW
Wartburg
Westfield
Wiemann
Wolseley
YAWNS
Zastava
Zil

How could we miss them? I'm sure there are still a few obvious ones we've missed.

Tesla - added above!

Last edited by a moderator:
Should Acura be there? they`re just Hondas american luxury line, under the bonnet they still have the Honda badge!!!

I reckon you could argue that either way, but you might then consider Ford of Europe, Asia etc, rather than just Ford Motor Company.

Nsu
i'll leave the riley out then ;)

audi
alfa romeo
ford
gm
vauxhall
lancia
subaru
mitsubishi
rover
ferrari
tvr
jaguar
aston martin
land rover
dodge
peugeot
renault
toyota
nissan
honda
kia
citroën
caterham
noble
ariel.
Bmw
hummer
westfield
saab
volvo
mazda
seat
vw
lamborghini
rolls royce
holden
ssangyong
chrysler
daewoo
maybach

that allows me to add:

Lotus
mclaren
pagani
maserati
pontiac

Didn't realise that Cosworth was a car maker. I thought they were an engine supplier.

Stimson
Buick
Cadillac
Chevrolet
Cisitalia
Edsel
Gordon Keeble
Iso
Oldsmobile
Tatra

Someone needs to collate these so we can edit one list only.

Last edited: