Who's got a clean licence?

turbonutter69

TC ModFather
Car
Insignia SRI.
Who on here has a clean licence? How many has had convictions and how many have always had a clean licence??
I've never had a clean licence how about you????
I've paid for it though with high insurance costs when I could have a car.

Completely clean. Never even been stopped and warned about anything. I have had 1 parking fine so that is pretty good going in over 10 years of driving.

been driving nearly 10 years and still completely clean only ever been flagged over once and that was on the bike for roadside spot checks.

touch wood will stay like that for a long long time :) (these types of threads always seem to tempt fate lol

I have a clean licence :toung:

Did have 3 points for doing 98 in a 50, though in my younger and more stupid days (and for those that know it, the M2 when there were cones and just cones there and at 2am)

Gits on bridges, grrrrrr...

mine's clean and has allways been. Never been stopped but then again I've only been driving for about 6 months and I hope it to stay that way for a long time

My license is clean after just over 2 years of driving. I've pulled over once on a 'routine check'. I will admit to having a couple scares though.

Clean at the moment. Got two SP30s in 1993 so had six points for 3 years.

Managed to stay clear since although I had a lucky escape in 2006 where I was stopped by unmarked patrol for driving very very fast indeed on a derestricted dual carriageway. Got away with a roadside finger wagging. So, yes, lucky, and err thanks to that traffic officer who chose to leave it at that.

still clean after nearly 6 years, dont know how tho.

have been pulled twice for seatbelt - 1st time by standard panda car so got away with a warning as they couldnt prove. not even a week later caught by traffic.

been pulled a couple of time - both around christmas looking for drink drivers

mines clean. of course im stuck with the pick til i need an eye exam, good thing about arizona, your license is good til you need the eye exam. never even a parking fine/warning. been driving for 10 years now. got you beat by just a little wayne

Got 3 pionts last November, I thought the it was a forty zone & it turned out to be a thirty :( I'm annoyed because that was my first one in 15 years of driving & it was such a stupid mistake.

Never had a point, never had a fine. Had a car licence since '86 and a bike licence since '00. Use available power appropriately and safely as often as possible :cool: Just lucky I guess

Never had a point, never had a fine. Had a car licence since '86 and a bike licence since '00. Use available power appropriately and safely as often as possible :cool: Just lucky I guess

That's mostly it. Using the power on offer responsibly should leave you at least safe along with other road users.

It's such a shame that automated speed enforcement seems to have removed that common sense approach.

I've had my licence for about 7 or 8 years now. But because of my younger days i've only been able to afford insurance for the last 3 years.
I was naughty when i was younger i've grown up now....I think anyways....:toung: Since being on the road legally i've been pull twice i think both time cause the police thought i wasn't insured. But when they phoned my insurance company they were proved wrong.:bigsmile:

Acutally I got my licence in 1990 now I look at it! Thats 18 years of conviction free driving ;) (I lie about my age.......but only cos it gets harder to work out!)

ummmm, right at this moment, yes.

in under 14 days?? perhaps not o.0

Last edited:
Nil points. I got done for speeding on the M5 many years back on one of my bikes, 114.7 mph, three points and £100 fine, i kept my license due to my job at the time. ;)
More recently, three points for 96 in a 70 on the A38 in Devon in 2001 rushing back from Birmingham to see Billy Connely in Plymouth :embarrest:.

I've been driving since 1971, and up till last year, hadn't had so much as a parking fine. Then, on holiday in Cumbria I picked up 3 points for doing 48 in a 40 limit (bloody annoying because, like LOZ, I thought I was doing 48 in a 50 limit!), but for some reason, the authorities saw fit to make 400 yds of it a 40 limit.

I've been driving since 1971, and up till last year, hadn't had so much as a parking fine. Then, on holiday in Cumbria I picked up 3 points for doing 48 in a 40 limit (bloody annoying because, like LOZ, I thought I was doing 48 in a 50 limit!), but for some reason, the authorities saw fit to make 400 yds of it a 40 limit.

I think that some authorities do suddenly lower speed limits in order to coerce drivers into getting caught.

I think it's unfair that a road that has a 60mph limit today can overnight have the limit reduced to 40mph and then immediately start dishing out FPN's for anyone exceeding 48.

If it was deemed safe for 60mph one day how come 48 is suddenly too high the very next day?

THere's a campaign around here to reduce all the minor roads to 40mph.

Why?

3 points.

45 in a 30, whoops.

Was working at Tesco at the time - was about 17/18 then, and I was getting 6 quid/hr, and only working like 8 hours.

It cost me more than I earnt to go to work.

Sigh.

dammit, got a NIP today and think that will lead to a FPN for a SP30.
with 3 points and a 60 pound fine.:confused:

so no, I do not have a clean licence.:sad2:

Notice of Intended Prosecution [or intention of prosecution, something like that]. It's what they send you when they intend to rape your bank account.

I've never had one but I thought they just sent through the fine on an appeal form. Doesn't the NIP indicate a more serious offence has occured here? Like 90mph in a 30 zone?

I got a NIP to when I had my SP30, right on me bum :bigsmile:. The way their written it Id think you've been caught mugging someones gran.

Last edited:
I've never had one but I thought they just sent through the fine on an appeal form. Doesn't the NIP indicate a more serious offence has occured here? Like 90mph in a 30 zone?

umm, dont know, was doing a bit over the limit when I was overtaking a car doing 30 in a 40 and didnt realise that I was going so fast but not going double the limit, or 20 mph more

I've been told that its a 3 point and 60 pound fine, but I will send it back after my test next week.

damn mobile scameras