bikes ehh?

steve09

Track Warrior
Car
Honda NSR 125R
so what are the views of the members of torquecars on motorbikes??

do you hate them with a vengance or just indifferent?

(i ask because i am going to become one of these brave few come wednesday:cheesy:)

cool, not a huge fan of harleys myself, but each to there own, and when you dont have twisty corners but long straight roads with, lets be honest, right angles for corners you dont really need something like a yamaha R1 or CBR900RR fireblade.

wouldnt mind having a go on one though, just so i have ridden a harley.

saying that i quite like the fatboys, um,,,, softtails?

Well I have rode both types and for long cruises, which I prefer, the CBR and that type kill my back! Dont get me wrong, I like those bikes for the speed, but only for less than 100 miles. Have a friend here at work that is selling her Hybussa for like $6000. I am just not into that kinda bikes anymore!

hayabusa's are very nice, although i would go for a ZX14R over one, can do the same sorts of speeds but it handles better.

i agree, the harleys would fair better for long rides not so much hunched over like the sports bikes.

hmmm.... you have just started me thinking, there is a nice softtail harley round here for sale. :amuse:

oooooh now i really dont like mopeds lol

do you want one just because its a twist and go?? (automatic)
or for some other reason?

When I think of a moped, I think of some little kid (12 or so) cruising around while his little buddies are all on bicycles!:lol:

If it has an engine and moves fast, they'll be an excuse to love it:bigsmile:
I'm into cars and bikes equally but only got into bikes because commuting into London is such a pain in the ar@. The bike does 40 minutes regardless of traffic, the car can go the wrong side of 4 hours!!!
And if you've never tried it, watch a round of MotoGP or WSB, far more action than most 4 wheel track races:blink1:

My Friends seemed to hit their 40's and all went out to buy sports bikes. Not my scene, but I think I am becomming tempted and I appreciate the sheer speed and immediacy of power on a bike.

I'd be happy to setup a Bike Subforum if there were enough demand for it?

I am very jealous of bikes in heavy traffic as they just zip through. I do not hate them because generally they are very good drivers and keep out of others motoring lives. I probably take more of an issue with the young moped brigade with the noisy exhausts.

I'd be happy to setup a Bike Subforum if there were enough demand for it?

I am very jealous of bikes in heavy traffic as they just zip through. I do not hate them because generally they are very good drivers and keep out of others motoring lives. I probably take more of an issue with the young moped brigade with the noisy exhausts.

indeed, thats one thing i hate, all the little chavs on 50cc scooters just going up and down the road all day and locking the back breaks to make skid marks. and sitting there reving them up. they just sound like a bee trapped in a jam jar :/

thats one reason i want one is for filtering. :)
plus for when i cba to drive the car :p

I love them, I used to have some japenese 125cc ok not the quickest thing but it got me around and I loved just driving around on it.
I really like the Buells XBR12, would love one but no money or licence.

you should go for your cbt again(if its run out) most motorbike training places will usually do a 2,3,4,5 day training an then a test.

im going to do the 3 or 4 day training then the test.

the 125 im looking to get till i get my full licence is only 15 quid to tax for the year and cost about 9 quid to fill up at the pumps, plus about 300 to insure.

i love bike what to get another one only a 125 am trying to get my dad to get a new one so i can have his as its one of the jap harley look a likes and has been air bushed up