Newbie!

Hello and welcome. Yes taking over the world sounds good. We'll anexe Europe first, we can use Germany as a base cos they ALL drive 1.8T engined cars already!:lol:

Nice to have you along!

Well it's my 1st real project as my 1st car (Saxo) didnt last long lol; so im a bit new to it all! I do have big ambitions for it though which hopefully I will fulfill!
1. New exhaust system (peco preferably)
2. Window tints (black all round!)
3. Cover seats (im thinkin black leather) + other interior parts e.g. Gearstick, steering wheel, handbrake etc.
4. Lower it by 40mm
5. Bodykit
The plans are kinda on hold ATM as i have just been made redundant :( ! Im using the free tym to find the parts i want to use and which are the most suitable upgrades!

You can't black the front windows as it's illegal.

My suggestion would be to drop it to the floor and have it smoothed over. The Euro look as it's called.

yeh but cant i get a strip on the front window?
thats the look i want mate. any suggestions where i might get a smooth body kit from though?

Sounds good. You can do smoothing yourself, remove the trims from the doors and bumper, fill it in with filler/fibreglass, sand off and repaint. It looks nicer though with a full kit but the principle applies.

You should be ok with a sunstrip/tint but the driver and passenger windows can't be legally tinted in the UK.

Cant they!!?? Thanks for the heads up mate I had no idea! I might be cheeky and go for it tho....just with some light tints!

I've seen quite a few stopped by the police and asked to remove it. As long as you know the risks - i've done my bit;)

Welcome TR.

Current ruling is front cabin windows ie windscreens and front doors must transmit 70% of available light. If you do tint and get stopped, Mr Policeman will produce a light meter to test the opacity of your tint. If it fails the test, you get a choice: make a big enough tear in removing it in his presence there and then or £80 on the spot and a 7 day rectification notice.

You may as well spend the money on something worthwhile.

Cheers

Please watch this on my YouTube channel & Subscribe.

Back