Electric Seats

no sorry. youd need to know what there from as every one will have different coloured wires, different set ups etc.

why do they have to be electric ? if its your car your going to be driving most if not all of the time so seat adjustment isnt really nessessary

Hi soot - what car are they going in? Are the second hand seats or will they be new aftermarket seats. Are we talking heated/adjustable or both as far as the electric goes.

Can I get an electric chair for my mother in law? (Thats another debate aside ;))

they are second hand just elec adjustable. going in a laguna rti v6 they are out of a laguna . the reason being i had half leather and wanted full leather does that help

so youve already got them. fair enough.
so theyre out of a laguna and going into another. that should at least make it a big easier.

how many wires are coming out of the seat ?

Next question - are there wires under the seat in the carpet? (You may have to life the carpet or look for a flap to see it.

their are 2 wires on a connection that join to nothing on old passenger set, new seat needs 4 to the same connection plus 2 more on an other. drivers side similar but loads more wires

Haynes sounds like a good idea. It sounds like you are going to have to do some custom wiring anyway. 4 wires was more that I was expecting so I can only guess what they are for.

not much info about them in haynes manual got a phone number for auto electrian from local garage so going give him a call see what he says . or how much.cheers let you all know what the result is.
dave.

sorted the seats out, the problem was a fuse. the wiring was there all the time . in haynes the fuse for power seats slot 40 in fuse compartment but there was only 34 slots so after searching eventually today with me head upside down in the footwell what do i see fuses 35-40 so put a fuse in slot 40 connected the seat it worked.

Please watch this on my YouTube channel & Subscribe.

Back