Honda Accord Type S 2002 Modification Help

JakeF1998

Car
Honda Accord Type S
Hi All,

i am new to owning a Honda and i have only had this one for a couple of weeks now.

i have:

Honda Accord Type S
33,600 miles
1.8 Vtec
136 bhp (I think)

i am looking to make the car my little project as i am doing the typical lowering, changing wheels, tinting windows and little cosmetic bits here and there but i really don't know a lot about what i can do to the car performance wise.

I'm not looking to get major power gains as i know that just isn't going to happen but i would like to perk it up and make it a bit more responsive where i can.

if you guys could share you expertise and let me know of any recommendations you have that would be great!

thanks in advance!

Hello and welcome to a fellow Honda owner. |B

I have an FN2 CTR and have only fitted coilovers 'rear bar ,BBK and a Spoon oil pan to make it better for my track days where the road tyres and wheels are changed for wheels with semi slick tyres.

To get more power from any NA motor is quite costly .
Accords sold in Australia had 4 cyl K24 motors with a V6 in the Euro models.
Is your car only a daily ?
If you seriously need or want more grunt then Forced induction is the way to go.

Hi thank you!

Its just going to be my daily driver so I'm not looking to get any major power just want to perk it up a bit and mainly get it running nice.

Looking to upgrade all of the air flow pipes and what not, mainly looking to improve the way it looks

Hi thank you!

Its just going to be my daily driver so I'm not looking to get any major power just want to perk it up a bit and mainly get it running nice.

Looking to upgrade all of the air flow pipes and what not, mainly looking to improve the way it looks

I think that you may be able to get a bit more go out of your accord by installing a hi flow with a less restrictive exhaust system and a K&N air filter so the car will sound better / more sporty and if that is not enough my suggestion is either trade in in on something that has more grunt from the factory or install a supercharger.