TCJB's bucket list event

TCJBOLDIE

Staff member
Car
2011 Honda FN2
Have to have the CTR scrutineered in Brisbane on Monday to get the all clear before heading off on a 600plus klm drive towing the Honda with my 4X4 dual cab daily drive car to Bouldercombe next Thursday as I had to withdraw at the last moment from the 2021 event due to the discovery of what was previously thought to be a harmless mole that turned out to be a rare desmoplastic melanoma low down on the inside of my left leg just above the ankle as that is not where they normally known occur and it had to be excised ASAP by a plastic surgeon. It took the best part of 3 months to fully heal properly due in part to the low blood flow in that part of my leg.

The 3klm long hill climb is held on a closed section of the highway and I will be an early starter in the under 2 litre registered class but unfortunately will have to battle with clubman type cars that are generally in a different class at other events so have no expectations of coming home with a trophy so just want to do my best and enjoy the event and come home safe with no damage .

Thought you might like the video.

sorry to hear about the Melanoma, good think it's been caught and dealt with early.

On track day events It's all about taking part and having fun. Thanks for sharing the video with us.

Last edited:
That's not me in the video .Hope to be able to post one of my runs upon a safe return from the event some time next week.

Just finished packing all my camping gear into my tow SUV ready for an early start in 2 days time and my wife tells me to read this EM informing me that the event has been cancelled due to the pit and camping grounds being too wet from unseasonal rainstorms so will have to wait to be advised of the new date.

I've seen the weather you've been getting on our news over here. It seems pretty extreme!

I've seen the weather you've been getting on our news over here. It seems pretty extreme!
So much for our leading global warming expert who is or was the darling of the left that warned all of us Aussies that the dams will never be full again .so our leaders built desalination plants that are white elephants soaking up millions of dollars in maintenance.

I have already paid entry fees for 2 other closed roads events so hopefully the new dates for the Goldrush won't clash with them.

Event rescheduled for the first weekend in September so it doesn't clash with my other events but they all fall within a 30 day period so will be a busy time .

August 4 Time Attack 45 minute away from home
August 20 21 Leyburn Historic sprints 2.25 hours
August 27-28 Pittsworth Street Sprints 2 hours
September 3-4 Goldrush Hill Sprint 8 hours

Bit late but hope all's well with the family crisis, imagine there's always a next time for the event.
Thanks for your reply Wife has a life threating cancer and will be getting results of all the tests ,scans ultra sound and MRI and the prognosis next week.
She has been a very healthy and loving wife and life partner for 55 or so years so it was easy to cancel those 3 events so I would be home to support her.

Thanks for your reply Wife has a life threating cancer and will be getting results of all the tests ,scans ultra sound and MRI and the prognosis next week.
She has been a very healthy and loving wife and life partner for 55 or so years so it was easy to cancel those 3 events so I would be home to support her.
God that's a level of misfortunate noyone should have to have the displeasure of dealing with, all I can say is I wish for the best outcome for now. Good luck there mate o/