For Sale: 1994 Toyota Supra MkIV UK TT Auto

Hi all,
1994 Toyota Supra MkIV UK Twin Turbo Auto. Baltic Blue. £32,000. c.113k mileage.

full

full

full

More images

I’ve owned this Supra for several years, during which time I have had done:
- all necessary general maintenance.
- major service at SRD including all belts etc.
- new suspension ( I’ll have to check what brand but has 32 settings and was recommended and installed at SRD)
- Dyno / compression tests etc at SRD (perfect compression, and dyno c.380)
- Clifford G5 fitted.
- Several other bits and pieces like a better dash panel, cluster lights replaced, etc.
- Some air-con ducting replaced.
- Seats recovered in premium leather but design might be a bit “marmite” as I left the decisions to the upholsterer…
- Decent new brake discs all round (Not sure of the brand but were highly recommended).
- Full glass-out re spray in same original colour, as a response to lacquer peel that had started.
- Boot electrical internals and 3rd brake light replaced, and spoiler gaskets inserted.
- During the glass-out stage several window frame and panel light repairs to remove rust.
- Full wheels refurbishment (Blasted down / smoothed and re-coated I believe, but I am not entirely sure what the process is.)
- A few air-con leaks plugged but not fully solved yet.
- Standard A-pillar put back in so I’m not blinded by two eye-level gauges at night.

It is an excellent solid car in all of the important areas, and also is a work-in progress in some areas.

Were I to keep the car, this is the remaining work I’d have done:

Essential:
- Front and rear sub-assemblies clean up (in present condition, unable to adjust wheel geometry).
- Radiator front valance replace.
- MOT advisories (surface rust on suspension mount, and replace tyres (they have plenty of tread but are a bit old)
- Install a tube so that rear washer doesn’t wash the inside of the boot hatch!
- Exhaust bracket (HKS Super-Dragger is hanging a bit low, and a rubber bit fell off during the respray).
- Preventive refresh of the ECU.

Important to me:
- Re-commission the air-con (probably a few more leaks to find).
- Intermittent cluster lighting since it returned from the re-spray, have it looked at.
- Valve stem seals.
- Brake calipers clean up / paint.

Niggles / things I notice during driving:
- One or two other LED issues in HVAC and gear selector panel and gear selector indicator on dash
- One brake disc a bit squeaky at intermediate pressures but quiet at soft and hard braking.
- No clock, but SRD mentioned that if I go for performance upgrades (which is something I might do) then that space would be useful for a gauge.
- Boot gas struts still work but not quite to the level that I completely trust them.
- Airbox missing from engine bay - presumably was ditched on installation of the air filter.
- Stereo - nothing wrong with it, but potentially could be updated. No issues with speakers at all.
- Before my time I think various amateurs got to the wiring. The company who fitted the Clifford G5 originally (for me) was a fraudulent one and worked around the other bad wiring and fitted the alarm completely ignoring even the most basic industry specifications, and left the car non-operational! So when I took it to a professional for a (perfect!) refit, he also cleaned up some of the wiring as a favour. So I think there are probably a few bits and pieces to do to further tidy up wiring.

On a private plate currently, intend to change back to original plate prior to sale.

The car is solid - no structural issues or engine internals issues (excusing valve stem seals) and the essentials section isn’t a huge cost. I have listed everything I know as I intend a transparent sale with nothing intentionally hidden.

Last edited by a moderator:
I saw your post about the Toyota Supra and I have to say, it sounds like a really solid car. You've clearly taken good care of it over the years, with all the maintenance and upgrades you've done. It's great that you're upfront about the work that still needs to be done on the car, too. That kind of honesty is refreshing.
Thanks, that’s a kind thing to say. It’s important to me that I don’t sell on any kind of false basis, and that I share everything I know about the car. It didn’t sell this time because highest offers were very low, so I have it booked in for some of the work mentioned in the advert. Now thinking perhaps I should keep it… (I think my long advert probably puts people off a bit, because they don’t know me or the car. But I think complete honesty is the only way to sell a car, otherwise it’s unfair to the buyer.)

Please watch this on my YouTube channel & Subscribe.

Back