2005 CRV swap with K24a2

18RLXVibrant

Car
2005 CR-V
I want to swap the K24a1 engine, and keep the AWD drive train. Swap to a K24a2.
A Ktuner location mentioned I'll want to get an 08 TSX ecu to match the 04 - 06 tsx K24a2 engine going in, but they don't know if the wiring harness will match up with the 2005 CR-V or not.
Has any one done any thing like this with the 2nd generation Honda CR-V? Swapped the engine, ect.

Last edited:
I noticed you've not had a reply to this, how are you doing with this project? Did you find anything out about this setup?

The ECU's on these over the years did change, but generally speaking OBDii can swap with other OBDii engines, when you go to a different OBD generation such as i or iv from ii you will need to do quite a few sensor swaps and other mods just to make it work.

There are often anomalies in the wiring harnesses and pinouts though. Checking the pinout maps and comparing them will be the answer, but I don't have access to one for these models.

I noticed you've not had a reply to this, how are you doing with this project? Did you find anything out about this setup?

The ECU's on these over the years did change, but generally speaking OBDii can swap with other OBDii engines, when you go to a different OBD generation such as i or iv from ii you will need to do quite a few sensor swaps and other mods just to make it work.

There are often anomalies in the wiring harnesses and pinouts though. Checking the pinout maps and comparing them will be the answer, but I don't have access to one for these models.
I appreciate your response. As of now I am as of now I'm using the stock engine and just doing extra and just doing external bolt ons (lightweight crank pulley, weapon intake with k&n filter, full exhaust, header on the way, lightweight flywheel and clutch on the way.

Right now I believe in order to swap it, I will have to change the eca yeah MA I will have to change the ECU and wiring harness. The engine on putting in is tunable, but not the k24A1 as you likely know.

I've seen a few drop in the K20 as there are more tuning options for these around, including some impressive turbo kits. It's more complex IMHO though.

I'll be interested to know your thoughts on the mods when they have been fitted, the feedback really does help me improve this site and makes it more useful to others out there.

I've seen a few drop in the K20 as there are more tuning options for these around, including some impressive turbo kits. It's more complex IMHO though.
Tuning for the K20 and it's ECU, and its wiring harness. Not sure what it's gonna cost for the electrical add on stuff, but a ktuner location said its gonna probably cost a bit, bcz they can't tune the k24a1 ecu.