Peugeot 306 Rear Suspension & Torsion Bar

JonRook

Tuner
Car
BMW Peugeot VW T4
I have a knock and I just cant find it, I had it up last night and I did find a warn front anti roll bar link but I'm sure the knock I've been hearing is from the rear.

I jacked it under both under tension and no tension on the rear suspension pushed, pulled and pry bared as much as I could and I cant find anything.... I also have a issue that the car sits low on the drivers rear it has new shocks and when lifted the suspension drops and measures the same as the passenger side.

I really don't know what else I can look at I'm now thinking the actual torsion bar may have broke or lost a tooth or something.

Any suggestions??

Are the bushings in good order? Often the knock is coming from inside these under load, but I do feel your pain, these faults can be a nightmare to track down. Please keep us appraised if you find anything, judging by the amount of reads this thread has had you are not alone.

Will do, going to replace drop link this weekend and have another poke about, think I’ll adjust the torsion bar to sit level as it “might” just be age related.

Will say I’ve seen I can change the torsion bars to a 21mm apparently common upgrade for the gti models ;)

I’m surprised but relieved to say that the knocking I’ve been hearing appears to have been only the front anti roll bar drop links which amazes me as I was sure it was coming from the rear…. ‍

FYI it’s Citroen Xsara VTS 21mm Rear Torsion Bars from a 2002 Xsara VTS
Which are commonly used on 306 GTi6 as an upgrade Im considering the swap as I need to adjust mine anyway​

It is funny how the sound can travel through the chassis. I'm glad you got it sorted.

C1C6F69D-1DAA-47F3-B826-8B023DE907F4.jpeg
Only pair I could find so rubbed and painted Colbolt Blue ready for fitting may even give it a go tomorrow we will see

Attachments

• 6111DF6B-B375-4530-ADC8-C70F1D989110.jpeg
    6111DF6B-B375-4530-ADC8-C70F1D989110.jpeg
    99.8 KB · Views: 0