Induction system 208 hdi 100

simonvlad

Car
Peugeot 208 1.6 hdi
Hello all,

So i have some questions:
1. As i want to upgrade the intercooler, i am wondering if anyone here can suggest some dimensions that i could use to find one?
2. What other upgrades can i do to the induction system to gain some more power and get more fuel efficiency after a remap?
3.does any of you have any pictures of pipe routing for an aftermarket IC in a similar engine bay? I am looking for better flow.
Thanks in advance!!

Which variation of DV6 do you have and how much power does it have? General details would help as there are too many 1.6hdis.

I've seen people remapping and blanking the egr valve to get about 120hp reliably, for more you would need to get the dpf removed and install a slightly bigger fmic, probably from a 2.0 renault, there should be plenty to pick out + probably bigger injectors, depends on what you want to use it for or what power figures you aim for.

I'm just looking for a little more spunk from it when i'm on a twisty road and a lower fuel consumption when i'm cruising on the highway while it being reliable. Thank you for he quick reply @orca1911.

Well in that case just do a remap and blank the EGR with a plate (if you can blank it, sometimes it pops the check engine light which can be annoying to some). A good tuner should be able to push 10-20hp but be advised to take good care of the car, shorten the yearly oil change to every 9-10 months instead of a year and dont let the filter clog up from too many short trips, try to burn away the possible soot that can accumulate with these changes. If you do all that you shouldnt have any problems, everything would be relatively legal and you get your fun, win-win.