2011 Audi A4 1.8T Wagon...thoughts?

Car
Audi A4
Thinking of buying a 2011 Audi A4 1.8t tomorrow with 132,000 km and was about to close the deal when I started hearing how problematic it usually is after 10 years of use..especially the 2011 model
Anyone know more?

Check it's been regularly serviced, missed oil changes or wrong oil used would be red flags to me, other than that they are IMO really good buys.

The problems are generally around the Carbon build up on the TFSi head, and the 1.8 is better than the 2.0's for this issue and oil sludge build up if the wrong oil was used. Anyway by 2011 most of these issues had been ironed out. It sounds like a high mileage example, it's the short journey low mileage examples I would worry about.

The B8's were much better than the B7's but the model years overlap so I'm not sure exactly what you are looking at.

If it has had the timing chain tensioner update and regularly serviced they can be amazing cars. Think the updated tensioner started in the 2014s not 100% on that though. Theres a tech bulletin that explains it in detail if googled tsi timing chain you'll definitely find it. Easy to check if under the hood which the bulletin also shows.