What is the best Saab Engine?

obi_waynne

Administrator
Staff member
Car
A3 1.4 TFSI 150 COD
Which of the many engines from Saab would you say is the best? I must rate the HOT engines for there sheer power and tunability. I would like to hear particularly from the Deisel owners to see what sort of power a remap will yield.

Hmm welll I would go with the T7 personally but the T5 also has a lot of space to work with. I actually just did a conversion. I remove the crappy GT17 turbo and installed a TD04 which is more robust and is just an overall better make.

My 94 Aero comes with the TD04 standard and from what I have found with a little research is that the Td 04 is also a very uprgradable turbo unit in itself, which is good for me as I can't afford an upgrade to a Garret GT36R yet :twisted:

No question, the 2.0T Aero with B207R engine, all alloy, lighter, better water and oilchannels, pistonliners standing in the water, no BS problems. Better then the V6 because there is less internal friction.

B234R a 2290cc 16v turbo engine,as mounted in 9000 Aero, best in post 94 examples.

Hi BVR and welcome, why not post up a hello in the newbies section and tell us a bit about yourself and your car?;)

So, what's the best engine for tuning? T5, T7 or b207r? I've found a 2004 9-3 Aero for €2000,- Or should I get a 1999 9-3. Or should I get a 9-5 (I don't know which one) I don't know nothing about 9-5's. Could someone help me get the right saab? I want to get around 330HP out of it. Thanks.

So, what's the best engine for tuning? T5, T7 or b207r? I've found a 2004 9-3 Aero for €2000,- Or should I get a 1999 9-3. Or should I get a 9-5 (I don't know which one) I don't know nothing about 9-5's. Could someone help me get the right saab? I want to get around 330HP out of it. Thanks.