Mondeo mk4 cutting out

Raptor52

Car
Mondeo mk4 1.8tdci
Mondeo mk4 1.8 tdci 2008. Can any one help car cuts out in the wet mostly turning right and roundabouts had wheel sensors done and crankshaft sensor I have to quickly turn ignition off and on to get it started very dangerous with someone up behind me.

Check the ECU for error codes. It could be a bad connection somewhere that is causing a short. One guy had a similar fault when he pressed the brake, it turned out to be a worn wiring loom that ran under the carpet and when his foot hit the right spot, it shorted out the power! It took a while to track that one down.

I had codes checked but nothing showing I will take a look at wireing maybe pulling on loom as I turn steering. Thanks for answering

Let us know if you track it down, I'm sure many others will appreciate this if they have similar issues.

Sounds like it could be in the ignition switch area so it might be worth checking that nothing is rubbing and shorting out.

The car is the haystack you just have to find the needle.

Sounds like it could be in the ignition switch area so it might be worth checking that nothing is rubbing and shorting out.

The car is the haystack you just have to find the needle.
Cheers I was thinking more of out side but ignition could be it .. Cheers

Cheers I was thinking more of out side but ignition could be it .. Cheers

Trouble shooting can be a character building exercise and sometimes you will solve it first go.
It is a process of elimination and can be frustrating.

Please keep us informed as to what the cause when you finally track it down was as it adds to our knowledge base.

PS a very long time ago I had an intermittent electrical fault that was due to a very worn ignition key.and more recently the same problem with my previous SUV I bought new in 2010 when the battery in the key died and was not able to unlock the doors manually.
Had to get the RAC to unlock the door [because I was @ a motor racing event over an hour away from home] to find the 8 year old key still key worked fine in the ignition but still wouldn't unlock the doors due to minute wear.