2018 X-3 M40I

Kize777

Car
X3-m40i
Hello I have a 2018 BMW X3 M40I. I was wondering what kind of power increase I would gain by getting it Tuned? Also what’s the best Tune for it?

if I put a cat less Down pipe and a then tuned it would it see much more gains then just a tune? Has anyone had there’s on a dyno after a tune? Thanks for any info

M40i 355 bhp to around 430bhp and 369lbft to 493lbft, with just a remap which is quite impressive.

A decat gives little extra power, BMW made these cats quite large and free flowing, so there is not much to be gained.

With a better flowing exhaust and intake with a remap you could probably push these figures to 455bhp and 499lbft, so not much more for a lot of extra money.

Don't look at peak figures, you want to see the whole torque curve really, these engines have a lovely low end torque delivery and you want to see this increased as well as the top end.

Where are you based? Celtic tuning did a friends car and he was really happy with that. If you are down South then have a chat with our sponsor JFA Automotive and John will sort out something for you.

I’m in Ohio. I got a price from one tuning shop they said $1200 and they would dyno before and after. Using a mustang Dyno

I’m in Ohio. I got a price from one tuning shop they said $1200 and they would dyno before and after. Using a mustang Dyno

That price seems ok but it comes down to how much time it will take to fine tune all the parameters to get the highest power output without getting too close to detonation as you need a safe tune to cover all types weather.

Most dyno shops will have a basic / minimum charge for strapping it on and then an hourly rate for the operator. and any good shop will do a before and after power runs so any improvement can be shown.

I always used the same workshop for all my dyno tuning as IMO you are comparing apples with apples .

A different shop with the same dyno may give a different result. I have seen 2 identical cars tuned by different shops where the lower powered car smoked the supposedly much higher powered car.

Thanks for all the info it’s really helped. Where are u located? And what is the shops named that u use? Thanks for the info

We are actually from all over the world, I'm in the UK, but we have members from Europe, Australia, Africa and further afield so we get quite a wide view of car tuning and modding. Unless I have personally used a shop or they are sponsors I don't usually recommend companies or shops and I try to do most of my work myself, tools and time permitting.

Hello I have a 2018 BMW X3 M40I. I was wondering what kind of power increase I would gain by getting it Tuned? Also what’s the best Tune for it?

if I put a cat less Down pipe and a then tuned it would it see much more gains then just a tune? Has anyone had there’s on a dyno after a tune? Thanks for any info
Take it to DMS in Southampton. They are experts for any German brand and will safely get well over 100bhp extra for around £600-700