Hello!

WukaChop

Car
ZX 1.9TD/Mondeo 2.5
Evening all (Or morning, or afternoon, wherever you may be)

Was recommended here by a friend who I know doesn't have an account but lurks. Says this is the place to be for decent tuning advice.

Got myself the worlds ropiest Citroen ZX 1.9TD for free, so I've decided to have a play with it and see how good I can make it.

Will also be the slowest project ever, it's taken me 3 months just to put it on axle stands to look at the brakes after it failed MOT!

But hopefully some of you will be able to point me in the direction of how to do things, I know the theory of a lot of mechanical things, but practice is a whole different story...

Hi and welcome |B

I would suggest that you buy a workshop manual and join a Citreon car club as there will be people there that will have a wealth of knowledge and helpful tips.

Sounds like a plan!

Remaps on turbo diesels are the best mods by far, so find out if this is an option it wasn't on early 1.9TD's but you can add a piggyback device.

Drop on a set of springs from the GT to get it a little lower and this will sharpen up the handling.

How much time and money are you willing to spend? Ripping out weight is always a good cost effective mod, it improves handling and performance.

Hi there and welcome to the site. There is a wealth of knowledge on here, and although you might not get many replies or much off topic banter the tips you get are worth their weight in gold and I would take quality over quantity any day.

I hope you stick around and add your voice to the unique community that only TorqueCars.

Please watch this on my YouTube channel & Subscribe.

Back