Hi All

wigguy4

Car
1984 porsche 944
I am wigguy4, or Ron. I live 13 mi from the nearest town, Holden, mo. I have a 944 Porsche that is receiving a Pontiac 3.9 v6 with a large turbo, upgraded fuel system, brake system. We are shooting for 600hp. My mechanic is a genius but slow, he is young and lets life get in the way. I was raised in a Chrysler dealership in the 50s. I hit the track in the early 60s and spent time, on and off most of my life on motorcycles and cars. I no longer do much work myself because of medical problems, but I can still clutch, shift and steer so now i'll do it every day with 600hp.

Hi and welcome. first I have never seen a land with such square borders like your town lol. Porsche 944 is an amazing car, and a muscle flavored V6 could do good, is that engine from the firebird? For 600 I believe it will achieve with the things you have mentioned lol. Young guys have hormonal issues, so let him be haha. any possibilities of pics? I love the 944 :D

This is my first reply so no pics yet. Don't know if it was from a firebird was pulled when we got it, just garenteed to run. I'm only going to hit 600 on the dyno once then turn it down to about 550 rather then continue to run higher boost. I really hope it is as reliable as I expect.

This is my first reply so no pics yet. Don't know if it was from a firebird was pulled when we got it, just garenteed to run. I'm only going to hit 600 on the dyno once then turn it down to about 550 rather then continue to run higher boost. I really hope it is as reliable as I expect.

Hi. Ibelieve that engine shouldn't be having issues with boost. wow you lived the best era of cars, especially in the states, the 60's were golden. The Porsche you have is without engine right? are you going to rebild the engine block and head?

The 60's were great. But since my hotrod was a 56 plymouth savoy with 270 v8 with 12 ftlb of torque, I spent alot of time flagging drag races. I'm not going to fix the motor. It is a $10,000,00 motor with 3500 miles on it. The only repair it required is #4 cylinder needs a sleeve. About $1000.00 complete fix. I'm going to ask 5 and take the hit. I'm tired of messing with broken engines.

The 60's were great. But since my hotrod was a 56 plymouth savoy with 270 v8 with 12 ftlb of torque, I spent alot of time flagging drag races. I'm not going to fix the motor. It is a $10,000,00 motor with 3500 miles on it. The only repair it required is #4 cylinder needs a sleeve. About $1000.00 complete fix. I'm going to ask 5 and take the hit. I'm tired of messing with broken engines.

yeah, that are some expensive repairs, altho the car is gorgeous. isn't there any cheaper offer to fix it?

Hello and a very warm, welcome to TorqueCars from me the admin!

Sorry for my slow reply, it's been crazy busy here coping with lockdown and looking after the family. Hope you are doing ok.

Keep reading the articles on our site and this forum... you'll pick up loads of good common sense tips and don't be afraid to post questions, were all here to share our knowledge and experience.

We run a really fun and interesting car community and many have said we're the friendliest around, always ready to help out where we can.

Enjoy your time with us, post loads and feel free to ask any questions or begin new threads and discussions. We're always interested to hear your comments and views on our existing topics and in the hot polls.

they say it's the same bellhousing pattern as the audi so it may bolt to the torque tube and input shaft then get creative to make the shifter work, upgrade the axles and viola we go again.

This sounds like an awesome project I'll be watching with interest.

Welcome to the site, good to have you along. You'll find this site really friendly, helpful and supportive.

Please watch this on my YouTube channel & Subscribe.

Back