Honda fr-v k20a9

RhinoRowan69

Car
Honda fr-v 2.0 vtec
Hi all I'm new to this so be nice if I ask something stupid or if I miss spell anything

I have a honda-frv 2.0 k20a9
Really want to upgrade the same bits and get better power out put but I'm unsure how ‍♂️
I've have already upgraded the air filter and made an bigger exhaust.
And iv got an inlet mana followed with injectors fuel rally and throttle body off of a k20a2 type r but haven't fitted them as I don't know if thay will fit strate on? And don't know what to do about the throttle body as it is cable on the type r but not on my k20a9.

Any help or advice would be much appreciated!

Hi and welcome |B

I have just up /down graded from turbo power to NA and getting more power out of an atmo motor costs way more than a forced induction powered vehicle so you will have to spend a lot of $$$ for minimal gains.

May I suggest changing the 2.0 to a 2.4 Accord motor as the best option ?

Last edited:
Hay that's the gole for In the long run but was hoping there is some bits I can do at the moment with Lake of money and parts

Hello and a very warm, welcome to TorqueCars from me the admin!

Sorry for my slow reply, it's been crazy busy here coping with lockdown and looking after the family. Hope you are doing ok.

Keep reading the articles on our site and this forum... you'll pick up loads of good common sense tips and don't be afraid to post questions, were all here to share our knowledge and experience.

We run a really fun and interesting car community and many have said we're the friendliest around, always ready to help out where we can.

Enjoy your time with us, post loads and feel free to ask any questions or begin new threads and discussions. We're always interested to hear your comments and views on our existing topics and in the hot polls.

Hello and a very warm, welcome to TorqueCars from me the admin!

Sorry for my slow reply, it's been crazy busy here coping with lockdown and looking after the family. Hope you are doing ok.

Keep reading the articles on our site and this forum... you'll pick up loads of good common sense tips and don't be afraid to post questions, were all here to share our knowledge and experience.

We run a really fun and interesting car community and many have said we're the friendliest around, always ready to help out where we can.

Enjoy your time with us, post loads and feel free to ask any questions or begin new threads and discussions. We're always interested to hear your comments and views on our existing topics and in the hot polls.
Hi Admin thank you for the welcome.

Really looking forward to getting some help and tips for work on and turning my FRV - k20a9 really unsure with what to do to it to bring it up to its full potential.

But still have a nice family car and a good day to day driver.

Hoping someone has done this all before or just knows what I need to do

This sounds like an awesome project I'll be watching with interest.

Welcome to the site, good to have you along. You'll find this site really friendly, helpful and supportive.

Please watch this on my YouTube channel & Subscribe.

Back