Hi new to the site

Etaka8

Car
Opel Corsa
Hi new to this site been reading some articles as to which way to go with my car been very helpful information. But I’m just wondering I have an Opel Corsa 2012 and I’m wanting to add a k&n 57i air intake system is it worth it? Just wanting to have a little fun with the car as it isn’t worth much if I sell it

Hey man, I'm new to this site as well. I don't even have a car yet for this forum. But I plan on getting a 2013 VW Beetle Turbo Edition within the next month to two months. Want to see what I can do to make it more zippy and be kind of like a go-kart. Also want to know from the other members how much this'll entail cost wise. Hope we can become acquainted with each other and maybe help each other out.

Man sounds good I’m not going to lie, I know pretty much nothing but have to start somewhere. You’ll have to keep me updated on your car. Looking forward to seeing it

Hello and a very warm, welcome to TorqueCars from me the admin!

Nice to have you along, I hope you're enjoying the site.

Keep reading the articles on our site and this forum... you'll pick up loads of good common sense tips and don't be afraid to post questions, were all here to share our knowledge and experience.

We run a really fun and interesting car community and many have said we're the friendliest around, always ready to help out where we can.

Enjoy your time with us, post loads and feel free to ask any questions or begin new threads and discussions. We're always interested to hear your comments and views on our existing topics and in the hot polls.

@Etaka8 No the induction kit will only make more noise and suck in warm air so you'll probably end up with less power after fitting it.

Why not smooth out and drill out the airbox, that is cheaper and will be similar to an induction kit for a lot less money and as it's the standard design of airbox it will likely give you a bit more top end and as it's fed cold air will not sap power as much as the open filters.

Get an airbox from a breakers yard to play with, then it's just a simple bolt on mod when you've got it all ready.

The K&N Cotton panel filters can work quite well, and are certainly better than the OEM paper filters.

Hey man, I'm new to this site as well. I don't even have a car yet for this forum. But I plan on getting a 2013 VW Beetle Turbo Edition within the next month to two months. Want to see what I can do to make it more zippy and be kind of like a go-kart. Also want to know from the other members how much this'll entail cost wise. Hope we can become acquainted with each other and maybe help each other out.
Remaps and turbo upgrades are the way to go on these. This shares an engine with the TTS if it's the 2.5 TFSi I'm thinking of, so already makes quite good power. The remap adds another 20-30%

@Etaka8 No the induction kit will only make more noise and suck in warm air so you'll probably end up with less power after fitting it.

Why not smooth out and drill out the airbox, that is cheaper and will be similar to an induction kit for a lot less money and as it's the standard design of airbox it will likely give you a bit more top end and as it's fed cold air will not sap power as much as the open filters.

Get an airbox from a breakers yard to play with, then it's just a simple bolt on mod when you've got it all ready.

The K&N Cotton panel filters can work quite well, and are certainly better than the OEM paper filters.
Thank you so much I’m going to look into this

Remaps and turbo upgrades are the way to go on these. This shares an engine with the TTS if it's the 2.5 TFSi I'm thinking of, so already makes quite good power. The remap adds another 20-30%
As I've researched what remapping is and weighing the pros and cons, I've seen the cons and don't deem it worthy. But I'm still open to the turbo upgrade? I know I can go on car mod websites and search for them, but asking you and your opinion would be much quicker. What would you recommend?

IF you upgrade the turbo then it will need remapping to get the AFR's right.
Been there done that many times over the last 20 odd years.

Put in simple terms an upgraded or different spec turbo almost certainly flow /force more air into the motor than the one it was tuned for and that in itself will lead to a leaner AFR and possible engine damage.

Any induction kit that draws air from a hot engine bay is a backward step regardless if it has a heat shield IMO

PS what are the remapping cons you have heard of ?

I've researched what remapping is and weighing the pros and cons, I've seen the cons and don't deem it worthy.
The remap is the defining point of the engine tune, the step that brings everything together. Without it any mods you do won't work to full potential.
I'm curious what cons you've read about to not deem it worthy?

Last edited:
Hi there, it's good to welcome another car enthusiast to the site. Enjoy it post loads and join in the banter.

Please watch this on my YouTube channel & Subscribe.

Back