Newbie here andy

Grandypops2019

Car
Vectra c 3.2 v6 gsi
Hi all car fanatics out there, just wanted to pop buy and say hi, I'm andy from the uk loves vauxhalls proud dad and grandad to two lovely lad's, had 4 2.5 v6's and now got a vectra 3.2 v6 gsi, and what a pain in the back side it's being, hope I'm in the right place for some help once I start with the question's, buy the way looks like a great sight

Hi there thanks for that first thing's first, I bought a vectra c, I know it's a 15 Yr old car I did expect the odd bit of trouble with it. At first I thought it had been looked after with the pile of receipts I got with it. How wrong I was nothing had been done on it at all. Anyway I started to notice a horrible burning smell inside the cabin, I then noticed oil dripping onto my manifolds, I looked deeper on the net and found out these particular car's suffer from alot of problems. Right I decided to get the plugs, oil, stat, cam gaskets, done aswell as clear both breather pipes front and rear. I noticed oil in the plug holes, cam gaskets where none existent, they just broke away, anyway got everything all put back together and cleaned up.
Now I noticed it was sucking in air faster than a Chinese hoar, I did the brake cleaner test and the idle went to 3k straight away that was sprayed under the tb at the v, I then tried the gb side of the v did exactly the same thing. So obviously it's sucking in air from the v, after reading so many post's about this some people say you can use the lower divider from a x25xe or a x30xe diesel one, doe's anyone know how to stop the air leak, and do any other lower (flange) fit tia

Hello and a very warm, welcome to TorqueCars from me the admin, sorry for my slow reply but I've been busy updating the site.

That sounds like an awesome project. What are your plans for it long term?

Thank you so much for joining up and introducing yourself.

It's nice to have an enthusiastic member like you along, I hope you're enjoying the site. Please start up a project thread and share your experiences with all our other members and I wish you all the best in your project.

Keep reading the articles on our site and this forum... you'll pick up loads of good common sense tips and don't be afraid to post questions, were all here to share our knowledge and experience.

We run a really fun and interesting car community and many have said we're the friendliest around, always ready to help out where we can.

Enjoy your time with us, post loads and feel free to ask any questions or begin new threads and discussions. We're always interested to hear your comments and views on our existing topics and in the hot polls.

Hi there, it's great to meet you. I'm sure you'll love the site, it's a really friendly and helpful bunch of guys on here.

Hello and a very warm, welcome to TorqueCars from me the admin, sorry for my slow reply but I've been busy updating the site.

That sounds like an awesome project. What are your plans for it long term?

Thank you so much for joining up and introducing yourself.

It's nice to have an enthusiastic member like you along, I hope you're enjoying the site. Please start up a project thread and share your experiences with all our other members and I wish you all the best in your project.

Keep reading the articles on our site and this forum... you'll pick up loads of good common sense tips and don't be afraid to post questions, were all here to share our knowledge and experience.

We run a really fun and interesting car community and many have said we're the friendliest around, always ready to help out where we can.

Enjoy your time with us, post loads and feel free to ask any questions or begin new threads and discussions. We're always interested to hear your comments and views on our existing topics and in the hot polls.
Thanks buddy, it's not bad for a 15 Yr old car, but definitely has been neglected in a big way, I'm trying to get it all working as it should, with no oil leaks, as lately I've been having problems with loosing oil, and only just found thick black soot in the tailpipes but not oily just like a thick powder I'm hoping it's nothing serious

Thanks for that buddy, I've sorted oil and new filter out now after a job of getting the old housing off, next is my fuel line and filter then will use that stuff

Please watch this on my YouTube channel & Subscribe.

Back