TCJB's motorsport retirement date ?

TCJBOLDIE

Staff member
Car
2011 Honda FN2
SWMBO has been wondering when I will be over my car addiction so have given it some thought and have come up with this hopefully innovative solution.:)

When I finish further down the field in an outright position that is a higher number than my age then maybe I should consider hanging up my helmet and gloves.

FYI I finished in 68th position out of 220 drivers in my last event.|B

What do you guys think about my solution to a vexing question in my household ???:confused:

PS my hips and feet give me some aches and pains but magically they only seem to vanish when I line up waiting for the starters flag to drop |B :)

Last edited:
Interesting solution until your car stalls on the last lap.:eek:

Or just enter races with fewer competitors than your age.

Obi all or almost all competitors are younger than me and there is always more competitors than my age.

I like to think that I am younger in mind than body :)

My darling wife of 55 years this month <B thinks that now I have reached 4 score years that I should at least start to act my age and grow up but I say to her that the next stage after that is growing old :eek: and am putting that off for as long as possible:rofl:

<<<<<< Update have sold my car to another competitor and now I'm guessing that I must be in the running to be the oldest person ever to buy a FN2 Honda Type R so I can still enter events without all the tinkering that was needed to keep it going.

I am hoping to keep entering events that I enjoy for a few more years to come and my motto is "the older I get the faster I was":lol:

PS Vtec is no substitute for the shove in the back that comes from turbo boost :eek: but I still love my "new" Honda.|B

Just back home after the weekends street sprints and enjoyed the Type R' engine singing to my 8000 rpm gear changes and the the way it just went where it was pointed and I came back into the pits all :):):)

You could always turbo the Honda I suppose.

Glad to see you're still enjoying it and not driving like an old guy. (I do hope you don't have any hats on the rear shelf - a sure sign locally of an old minded driver)

If my other 1/2 reads your post about turboing my Civic you will be in deep s##t:lol:

Hats on any shelf adds weight = slower \B

Obi San my Honda times were app 2 seconds slower than my Starion that has twice the power .Will have to turn off the VSC as it wasn't allowing me to launch with a bit of wheel spin.Didn't want to turn it off until I had done so at my local track where there is more run off should I run out of talent.:)

Managed to win 2 trophies in 2020 so can't see any reason why I should hang up my hat and age even faster so will be soldering on in 2022 as love to get my speed fix in safe places like closed roads and proper race tracks.