Is there such a thing as a finished project car

thexav

Pro Tuner
Staff member
Car
2002 Clio 172
Have you ever got a car to the point when you've felt it was finished?

What would it take to finish your current project car?

You might hit a goal or target but you'll always want more. So I'd say you do finish a project but it quickly moves on to another level or goal and becomes a new project.

We all want more power - you can never have enough.

This is a million dollar question really isn't it! I've had an MR2 as a project car, and worked on it for a while - but like obi_waynne says, you meet little goals and it just keeps going. I eventually sold that one and got an MX5 which ended the same and now I have my Corsa D VXR!

My VXR is my pride now, not sure I will be giving this one up for a while, I love doing Mods on it, I've rebuilt the gearbox and have so much more to do to it.

What project car you working on?

My car good be technically finished. It doesn't need anything else...

.... however.....

I want to upgrade the fuel pump to Walbro, upgrade the fuel lines and change to 550l pink STi injectors.
And then, of course, look at the turbo to make sure I'm still getting enough air for all that fuel.
And then, if the engine looks like it might struggle, unlikely, I'd look at forged pistons, rods, etc...

On the inside, new upholstery, new ICE, tint windows, new gear knob, door cards, all the little things to bring it up to date.
On the outside, respray all black, new front and rear bumpers, side skirts to match. A touch of carbon fibre for the bonnet and boot lid & rear wing.

Just as a car always needs fuel and service parts, it will always be crying out for subtle upgrades and modifications in my book!