Nicosphere

Car
Peugeot 207
Hey everyone!

So unfortunately according to the rules of this site I can't post any pictures till I've made my 10th post which is fair enough but it does leave me a little stuck!

I've recently been given a custom built subwoofer with twin speakers and twin amps, a capacitor and a custom housing made for it...now I have no clue about it but apparently the person who gave me it went to tuning shop to get it fitted and they laughed him out the door saying it was showroom spec and would break the glass in his boot and back windows and would kill his car if he tried to fit it...

If someone could help me out by telling me how much it's worth, if it's any good etc I'd be really grateful!

Many thanks!

Hello and welcome.

telling me how much it's worth, if it's any good
Zero chance of giving a guide to value, or if it's any good, without knowing anything about the set.

I've got some experience with ICE (having spent £000's in the past and building it all myself) but we need to know the make, model, size of the subs, the make & model of the amps and capacitor. The actual enclosure, whilst it would have cost a hundred or two to make is basically worthless. Its the speakers etc that have the value.

tuning shop to get it fitted and they laughed him out the door saying it was showroom spec and would break the glass
Someone was being unkind. I have damaged a car with bass, but it is hard to do and easy to avoid by turning down the gain on the amp!

Thanks for getting back to me! I realise it was stupid to post without the details but in my head I thought I wouldn’t get a reply for ages and by that point I’d of been able to post some pics..the details I have for it from what’s on there are:

2x 15” Alpine 10 Type-R
2x Kicker ZX250.2
1x Shark Power Capacitor 3.0 Farad - 20 VDC - 95c

Hope this helps and again thank you!

That's a big rig.
The Alpines range in RRP from £2 to £300, depending on exact model. That's RRP so expect less if you are looking to sell them.
The Kickers are 2 channel amps, suggesting the subs are wired in bridged mode, feeding 250watts into each sub. That's a lot and more than enough for those subs. They are no longer available so no RRP, and 2nd hand prices appear to be ranging from £1 to £300! again depending that exact model.
The capacitor is for holding power so as not to drain your car battery. Not worth very much new, let alone 2nd hand.

If I were to build that I could probably do it for £550 to £650.

Obviously that is just a rough guide, hope it helps |B

You’re telling me! Would love to put it in my car but it’ll take up the entire boot and my cars not exactly a modified beauty or anything so figured I’d sell it on.

Thank you very much for your help! Wish I could return the favour but I don’t know much about cars yet! If you have a lock issue though let me know.

All the best!

Hello and a very warm, welcome to TorqueCars from me the admin, sorry for my slow reply, I've not been around for what feels like an age due to health and family issues!

Nice to have you along, I hope you're enjoying the site.

Keep reading the articles on our site and this forum... you'll pick up loads of good common sense tips and don't be afraid to post questions, were all here to share our knowledge and experience.

We run a really fun and interesting car community and many have said we're the friendliest around, always ready to help out where we can.

Enjoy your time with us, post loads and feel free to ask any questions or begin new threads and discussions. We're always interested to hear your comments and views on our existing topics and in the hot polls.

Please watch this on my YouTube channel & Subscribe.

Back