What would I do to my car if I won Lotto

TCJBOLDIE

Staff member
Car
2011 Honda FN2
Besides an engine freshen up I would absolutely love to have it stripped back for a full restoration <B

Might have to start a "go fund me " page ;)

I'd drop in a much larger powered engine, or perhaps go with a bigger turbo, race injectors and aim for everyday usable power of 300bhp.

Interior would also get a total retrim and the ICE would also be upgraded.

If i had won the lottery I'd probably just get a better car, you can only go so far with a family diesel. The Tesla model S is quite tempting as is the i8.

What would I do with my current car? Lots.
I'd start with some dress up:
Respray the whole car midnight black (about £3-4k), bar the bonnet, boot lid and rear wing; as they would be replaced with carbon fibre items (£995.00, £1045.00, and £745.00 respectively).

At the same time get the doors shaved. I really like the smooth look of no locks or handles :) (About £100 and can be fitted at same time the car is in pieces being sprayed.)

Wheels repainted to match (about £450 at last quote).

Windows tinted to match (bar front windows, of course, to stay at least visibly legal ;) ) (about £110).

Headlights upgraded with Philips LED kit (not street legal, but the car isn't anyway) (£175.00). (This one is on my real to do list.)

Suspension replaced with a Pedders kit (also on my list for work this year). It will lower the car a bit, but mainly work better than the aging OE I currently have (£681.67 inc postage). (Plus about £100-150 to my mechanic for fitting and then alignment etc).

Brakes upgraded to something a bit bigger. Probably go for these (£988.49 (inc postage) plus probably another £50 to my mechanic to fit them), as they would more than cope with my aspirations. (This one is also on my todo list, but the actual product may change after talking to my mechanic.)

That comes in at about £9400.00. As you can see I've actually put some thought into the parts so far (all those links are on my bookmarks so when money becomes available they will get done :))

Afterwards I may go to town on the engine, turbo, exhaust, and a 6 speed conversion. Probably add another £15k. Then upgrade those brakes again :lol: But money no object, right?

Oh and then the interior will need to be refreshed to match the exterior.... Could probably drop another £5k there....

Last edited:
a full bare shell restoration would be my 1st port of call.

then i would have to get a cosworth yb engine dropped in running a t38 and about 400-440bhp and of course converted to rwd ;)

a full bare shell restoration would be my 1st port of call.

then i would have to get a cosworth yb engine dropped in running a t38 and about 400-440bhp and of course converted to rwd ;)
Awesome plan. I hope you can make that happen without a lottery win. How much do you think that sort of work would set you back?