April onwards is getting worse

Sorry that was very short of me.

Whether or not one agrees with the laws and the punishments that are meted out to those that break the laws, they are there and there is no excuse for not knowing about them.

If one knows the speed limit is 70 and one is driving over that, then one should accept the consequences of one's actions.

I have had a few speeding fines over the years and every single time I have just sucked it up, paid the fine and moved on. I accepted I was in the wrong.

I understand there may be times when speeding is necessary, in an emergency for example, and they should be disputed on an individual case.

But in general - If one doesn't speed one has nothing to worry about.

Agree as well |B
The severity of any fine should be calculated using a formula that takes into account the offenders annual tax return declaration earnings.

Last edited:
Sorry don't agree why should you pay more if you earn more? That's like saying there should be separate laws for the rich and poor. As already stated above we all know the speed limits it's up to us if we stick to them. If any of us get caught speeding its on our own backs!

Sorry don't agree why should you pay more if you earn more? That's like saying there should be separate laws for the rich and poor. As already stated above we all know the speed limits it's up to us if we stick to them. If any of us get caught speeding its on our own backs!

Herb I agree that we are/should all be treated equally BUT fines imposed for wrongdoing are intended to inflict financial pain on the offender to hopefully encourage them to mend their ways.

$1000.00 penalty on a person working for a wage would really hurt their pocket and the same fine on a financially well off person is just petty cash to them so that is why I would support fines based on income.

Herb I agree that we are/should all be treated equally BUT fines imposed for wrongdoing are intended to inflict financial pain on the offender to hopefully encourage them to mend their ways.

$1000.00 penalty on a person working for a wage would really hurt their pocket and the same fine on a financially well off person is just petty cash to them so that is why I would support fines based on income.

Sorry but the law is the law break it pay the penalty! Income isn't the issue here the current penalties obviously aren't discouragement enough to stop law breakers so upping the penalty may make law breaker's think twice?

I'm personally not a Saint when it comes to speed limits and when I got caught last year I accepted I was in the wrong and did the course and paid the fine. If I get caught again it will be my own fault and I will accept my fine/point's whether I think it's fair or not!
I'm not a wealthy man and on my semi retired wage I would pay for my own actions!

Fines IMO should be based on hourly pay so everyone is affected in the same way. There were situations where execs were facing really high motoring fines when the cap was introduced.

The points system really needs an overhaul. I'd tend to allow 20 points before a ban in any 3 year period but give them out a lot more frequently including for minor offences.

Agree that upping the points for offenses is a good way to go along with longer loss of licence time when the points limit is reached before being allowed to drive again.