WARNING - Beware of JR Tuning in Kent

obi_waynne

Administrator
Staff member
Car
A3 1.4 TFSI 150 COD
Please note that JR tuning, a company we formerly recommended have had a number of serious complaints levelled against them through the comments page on the article below.

http://www.torquecars.com/tuning/handheld-ecu-mapping.php

We are no longer promoting or recommending them until the outstanding complaints have been resolved to our satisfaction.

(NB: This company is not related to JF Automotive, also in Kent who we do recommend and have had positive feedback on.)

Awe Rob was always so helpful on here. Excessive work load always leads to mistakes and failings which is probably not his intention. Hope Waynne can get in contact and get a definite answer as to what's gone wrong.

Indeed Andy, unfortunately several of Obi's attempts to make contact have gone without reply.

News of a bad experience always travels faster than news of a good experience .
Very very true. Can always remember my college instructor telling us that in retail a customer will tell on average 3 other people of a good experience they had in your shop. They will tell on average 14 other people of a bad experience they had in your shop. It's been 30 years since I was at college so in today's society of social media that negative statistic has probably gone way up

I've still not heard from him :-( . Best option is to move on really and not let someone drag you down.

JF Automotive are brilliant in comparison - I'd rather spend time singing their praises rather than slagging someone else off!

I've still not heard from him :-( . Best option is to move on really and not let someone drag you down.

JF Automotive are brilliant in comparison - I'd rather spend time singing their praises rather than slagging someone else off!

Agreed, sounds like a plan |B

Just sharing what I posted on jr tuning Facebook, messenger and email
Tks

HI Rob

I have waited patiently for my ecu and shipping news but still no reply.

This is my final warning to you! If I do not receive my ecu or any shipping news soon I will be reporting this scam to the UK royal police with all the email correspondence as evidence. I have an upcoming overseas trip to London and I will personally follow up with the UK royal police.

I will be visiting you personally with the police and I am going to ensure that your business reputation will be badly affected both online and offline.

Please take this matter seriously as I have run out of patience. I am sure my ecu is worthless to you as it is specifically for my car.

If I do not hear from you in 24 hours I will make a report to your local police. I am sure your police will not take the matter lightly. I will also follow up with them when I fly down to London. I will personally come to your garage with the Police to ensure that you return my ecu me and also I will press charges against you for cheating.

I am dead serious in this matter. Please do not think this is an empty threat as I will make sure The Royal police persecute you to the maximum extent of the law.

thank you and I hope to receive your reply within 24 hrs or else I am force to proceed as stated.

Regards
Loewien Gwee

Rob Bentley is the stereotypical entrepreneur sans morals. People such as him see no shame in launching and bankrupting a business. Loss of opportunist investor capital is reasonable - people invest in the hope that they will make a profit. It's their risk. With customers' money I see it very differently. Unfortunately customers, suppliers and staff do not feature as secured creditors.

What Bentley has done is not remotely illegal. Unless, of course, it can be proven that he intended to defraud customers. This is likely to be very very difficult. It is, however, highly unethical. I despise such practices and those who operate in such a manner.