Safer roads if you banned

obi_waynne

Administrator
Staff member
Car
A3 1.4 TFSI 150 COD
Would the roads be safer if you banned certain groups from using them?

Which groups have the most impact on impact rates!

Young drivers perhaps, what about taxi drivers or white van drivers? Where would your axe fall?

The problem is that in a democratic society we cannot go round banning things simply because we don't like them.

I suppose that banning young and inexperienced drivers would work perfectly. Over time the older and more experienced drivers will die off. This is natural wastage. With no new drivers being allowed on the roads there will be no traffic at all and thus safer roads.

What a chilling prospect.

Last edited:
I don't know... In your eyes Paul, I maybe a very inexperienced driver, but I enjoy it and take it very seriously. In my eyes, meaning I am less likely to do something stupid.

I feel people who don't care about driving, or treat it as a RIGHT do not deserve to drive or own a car. Also, I feel that maybe people that cause multi-car pileups should be outright banned from driving.

At my last job, my line managers son was involved in a 5 car pileup, because the stupid woman in front slammed her brakes on when a lorry came in off the slip road.

I don't know... In your eyes Paul, I maybe a very inexperienced driver, but I enjoy it and take it very seriously. In my eyes, meaning I am less likely to do something stupid.

I feel people who don't care about driving, or treat it as a RIGHT do not deserve to drive or own a car. Also, I feel that maybe people that cause multi-car pileups should be outright banned from driving.

At my last job, my line managers son was involved in a 5 car pileup, because the stupid woman in front slammed her brakes on when a lorry came in off the slip road.

You've completely missed my point!!!! Re-read paragraph 2 :)
It is a sarcastic swipe at bigots who want things banned just because they don't like them. For example; I don't like Haribo, but should it be banned? Of course not!

There are plenty of good drivers of all ages.

And plenty of poor ones who have been a menace on the roads for decades.

I see... :)

Perfect example of how difficult it can be to interpret something when reading on a forum, I would have guessed you were being sarcastic in person.

Ban forums!

Oh wait.