Pics of TCJB's track day

TCJBOLDIE

Staff member
Car
2011 Honda FN2
http://www.trackphotos.com.au/p880860522
My silver car appears in lines 1,6 & 7 when you click on "show all"

Had a good day and tried a bit too hard and ran out of talent on 1 occasion trying to find the grip limits with the revised suspension,
front end grip was much improved with far less understeer/push powering out of corners and the back just a tad less twitchy on the limit.

Last edited:
You are in good company. Ayrton Senna used to push at each corner in practice until he passed the grip limit so he then knew how far he could push and stay on the island.

looks a cracking day TC. As steve said, knowing the limits is better in practice than in an actual race. Glad the mods improved t stability. So whats next in the grand plan ?

Looking good there buddy, so I assume the handling just requires another tweak on the geometry? Now that you have a better idea of how the car handles, you should be able to give that feedback to the suspension chap to get any necessary adjustments done correctly I suppose. Love the car registration number plate by the way Rad |B

Have already emailed him with a pic as well.
My children gave me the personalized plate long ago. 39 is the year I was born.

13 , Time Attack is not door to door racing but racing against the clock trying to better previous lap times.
The nxt plan is to undertake 1 on1 instruction from a driver that has done countless laps at that track to help me get the best lines spot on to hopefully lower my best times to date.

The green thing on the front plate is my Westhold timer and the times are available when the last car is back in the pits.

Last edited:
Does Jan go with you on these Time Attack trials Rad? Has the good lady even been behind the wheel and taken your baby for a spin? ;)

Os ,Jan and Tracey my daughter used to come to the autocross and do the timing for many years when I was the clubs organizer and there were no computers but she does not come to the track now.

She has driven it a long time ago when it was stock and I remember on one ocasion when she was in the passenger seat and I pulled out to overtake on the highway and accelerated hard she said something most unladylike o_O :)

^^ Oh bless her! :lol: She still gets my vote as a true lady, she was lovely to speak too on our last little meet up in London ;)