Things you do for your kids

old-git

Car
Elan & Robin Hood
Son took his S3 to V last weekend. Drove over plates put down as a road way and one tipped up taking a 4 inch lump out of his sump!

He has got a new sump at a very good price but it has a hole for a sensor his car isn't fitted with.

Made a blanking plug for him so he can fit the sump today. The slot isn't for lightness, my CNC machine had a hissy fit and went too deep. Nothing wrong with the program as I had done quite a few air passes and actual testing on scrap material. Luckily I was watching with the mouse over the stop button so I was able to stop it before too much damage was done. The slot is to tidy up the mess :)

Good ole' dad! :) I've always had to do things by myself! One day when I have kids, ill make sure they get all the help they need.

S**t!!, I'm moving to Australia then! I don't think I could satisfy your quality or speed demands :)

Update. Alex removed damaged sump only to discover that the new sump is no good as it doesn't have a turbo oil return feed pipe! The correct sump doesn't need my plate :-( All that work for nothing. Oh, well, at least I learnt how to engrave :)

Please watch this on my YouTube channel & Subscribe.

Back