Plans for the summer

obi_waynne

Administrator
Staff member
Car
A3 1.4 TFSI 150 COD
Do you have any plans for the summer yet?

Any nice drives/driving holidays planned?
What about car upgrades or replacement cars?

I will still be working on the Elan but, hopefully, closer to starting it for the first time in 28 years.

Working on upgrades for the beast in time for Swedish Day in May and the Saab Owners Club International Show in August.

il be finishing off the gt4 over the next couple of months and going to japfest in it thats bout the only major car show il be doing unless you can include mfn on a sunday night once a month

in may il be going to cape verde with the mrs and in september im off to ibiza with the lads for a stag do

Hell yes! :bigsmile: Off to Miami in May, have a convertible booked, should be a Mustang :blink1: Also booked into a nice hotel in Key West so intend to drive a few hundred miles during our stay. May get to see Daytona if we have time. However the NASCAR experience is not cheap.

When we are back I hope to get the MG back on the road ready for the nice weather. However need to buy a set of tyres, renew the brakes all round and get in a couple of track days. Hope to do a road trip up to Scotland in the zed and meet up with a few fello MG owners and get in a track evening at Knockhill with them all.

Do some shows in the 32 GTR as it is now finished ( until I start on it again )

Also once the latest batch of mods have been done to the stagea I will be up for some track days and some pod visits .
Unfortunately MArham have had to postpone the 30-130 day so won't be able to do a top speed run until august at best

In this area usually it won't drop below -5 degrees C , with nearest snow 50 to 100 km. So not life threatening cold but still very uncomfortable for me.

Off to menorca in july. When its warmer I want to fit a decent IK like a big bmc cda. Something stamford said about his zs having the same intake as the lesser rovers and hime getting good gains from an IK made me think, cos my 3.2 shares the same filter as pretty much all vec c models from 1.8 up. It's a decent size but it makes me wonder. The 3.2 has good torque but only 215bhp so there's gains to be had I reckon.

Reluctantly moving from Dorset to Hampshire, But as I have planned for some time I shall be in a position to buy that classic air-cooled 911 I have been hankering after for so many years, Unfortunately a part of the dream was to use it in Sunny Dorset not the massive council estate of Hampshire

Hell yes! :bigsmile: Off to Miami in May, have a convertible booked, should be a Mustang :blink1: Also booked into a nice hotel in Key West so intend to drive a few hundred miles during our stay. May get to see Daytona if we have time. However the NASCAR experience is not cheap.

When we are back I hope to get the MG back on the road ready for the nice weather. However need to buy a set of tyres, renew the brakes all round and get in a couple of track days. Hope to do a road trip up to Scotland in the zed and meet up with a few fello MG owners and get in a track evening at Knockhill with them all.

I spent a good while in Miami, Excellent city, especially for people watching (The real beautiful people)

Reluctantly moving from Dorset to Hampshire, But as I have planned for some time I shall be in a position to buy that classic air-cooled 911 I have been hankering after for so many years, Unfortunately a part of the dream was to use it in Sunny Dorset not the massive council estate of Hampshire

Well good luck with the move anyway buddy and don't forget those pictures when you get that 911. It might also be prudent to have a word with Sleeper and Aerial Andy on here as they know a thing or two about classic Porsches.

Got a few plans and hopefully my ZR will be turbocharged by next year! :)

The plan is to buy a ZS 1.8 turbo engine, and as its a K series, there will no major welding or modifying! I will over the Summer rebuild it.... But thats all! ;)

The plan is to buy a ZS 1.8 turbo engine, and as its a K series, there will no major welding or modifying! I will over the Summer rebuild it.... But thats all! ;)

Good luck with that young man :)

As found in the ZT as standard ;)

Most ZS turbo's have been the older T16 transplant.

As found in the ZT as standard ;)

Most ZS turbo's have been the older T16 transplant.

Haha! :embarrest: Your very correct! Still learning about these cars... Did think about a T16 aswell... But I heard they are extremely heavy! And for a first conversion, the K series turbo makes so much sense.

Last edited:
got so much planned for this summer once the resto is finished, will be at a few shows, plenty of spirited driving, santa pod,trackday and rolling road events.

basically just use the car as much as possible.

^^ Considering what you are having done to the car then "basically just use the car as much as possible" would be high on my list as well ;)

haha tell me about it matey, its been so long since it was used, it felt really good last saturday just to actually sit behind the wheel again.

I am sure it did mate! Also you have another plus side to things... With all that rust gone from the sills and floorpan, you don't need to worry about falling through and scraping your arse along a motorway! :lol:

And with the floorpan sorted he won't have to do his Fred Flintstone impersonation either :lol:

untitled_zpsf47090e3.png