Gear change and throttle control

obi_waynne

Administrator
Staff member
Car
A3 1.4 TFSI 150 COD
How important is throttle control when you change gear or do you normally just floor it. I guess it only matters when you get wheelspin in the first 4 gears :lol:

noticing that you are a site admin i would believe that you would be the one to supply us with tips. but throttle control depends on the surface of the road. if you change gear and put the pedal to the floor then you ted to scrape the chassis of your car if its a rough or bumpy surface. on most roads however a sharp increase should work. Enjoi

Two Tone Tribe, I am flattered that you think I should know everything and wish that I did. Drag racing is a new interest of mine and I see my role as admin to promote discussion and debate rather than just bang on about what I know (or what I think I know - which would get extremely boring!) :wink: Admins also have to remove spam, moderate comments and arbitrate on arguements etc... :eek: (But cars are a passion of mine and it is a pleasure to be an admin.)

If someone asks a question that I do not know the answer to I will research it, ask friends, talk to "experts" and when I feel I have a good grasp of the answer I will proceed to answer it. Often though another member such as yourself has shared his knowledge and that is what makes a forum work. :)

You make a good point about the surface of the road needing to be taken into account this also implies weather conditions. :D

was the comment about spam directed towards my comment? :( well i'm flattered that you took time to reply.
when you talk about weather of course factors such as the amount of water on the start has to be taken into account. you cannot just put the pedal to the metal otherwise your wheels will just spin and you will get completely owned. its about finding the correct amount of throttle and clutch to allow you to get away as quickly as possible without burning your tyres.
Enjoi

The comment about spam was certainly not directed to your comment. Spam is any form of advertising or promotion or placement of links on the forum, believe me that many try it especially those selling medical aids to improve your sex life and many try to promote their own competing sites!

We try to stick on topic here and it means the forum has become a reference that people can refer back to time and time again, wheras many other forums are just full of everyday banter and the good stuff gets buried.

sorry for this stupid question put does the "throttle control" means how much you step on the fuel pedal ,and i mostly get my wheel spinning on the take off does it mean that i'm taking off quikly or not