Impreza clutch?

turbonutter69

TC ModFather
Car
Insignia SRI.
Does anyone on here know or have a rough idea of when you can expect the clutch to start slipping? Has anyone experienced this. The car is an S plate Turbo 2000 AWD. Has anyone had to replace a clutch in one of these?

We've done quite a few of them. As for when etc, it depends on age, how it's driven etc, most of these cars are hammered. One of the most common things we find on any 'performance' type of car is that people fit new clutches to knackered flywheels. This results in a shortened lifespan of the new clutch. Adjustment is also a key factor, whether it's at the pedal or the clutch end.
Don't rule out other factors like oil contamination from a gearbox seal at the input shaft.

Its my mum's car an it sits in the garage most of the year. Its my dad that thinks the clutch is slipping. But the car hasn't even done 50000 yet. I think its in the low 40000 miles. It does get a bit of a boot but it is no where near thrashed. It's serviced regually and very well mainained. They had one problem with a noise on the engine but that was a pulley come a bit loose. Got to it in time had scooby clinic undo all pulleys and glue the nuts and bolts etc back on so they don't come loose again. But like I say I can't see how the clutch can be slippin after so little miles?

people ive talked to say around 70000 miles is a good innings for the clutch however ive done 92000 miles in my wrx and not changed the clutch yet and is still fine its down to how the car is treated