Bora 2.3 v5

Mwalby

Car
Volkswagen bora 2.3
Hello, I'm new on this forum so hi everyone! I've just purchased bora v5 and am wondering wots best to improve performance? I don't no a great deal about the machanics of cars but am up for trying to improve performance. From reading other threads I kinda get the impression it's not the best for improving in comparison with the 1.8 turbo but never mind ay, any suggestions would be great! Forgot to mention the engine has got 66k on and it's got stage 2 cams in it. Cheers!

The best mods for a car engine are as follows.
Internal work yields the biggest gains, head work like porting polishing and 3 angle valve jobs will maximise the airflow and raise the power.

If you want to go to the max then cryo treat the block, get it rebored and look into blueprinting and balancing as well.

Bigger valves are an obvious addon but not all engines are suitable as it depends how close together the OEM valves are.
A fast road cam will yield good power gains, especially in the top end of the rev range. Don't go mad though a profile of up to 270 degrees will give the best gains without the engine becoming cammy.

The most popular power mods are induction kits (which are questionable as power mods but they can sound nice if that is your sort of thing) and sports exhausts with sports catalysts or decats.

To keep the car legal I'd recommend a sports catalyst rather than a decat.
The last mod should always be a remap as this will allow you to fully realise the power gains on offer from your mods.

It's worth having a read of the articles on www.torquecars.com/tuning/ for more information on these mods and what the terms mean.

Sorry I forgot to welcome you as well. May I wish you a warm welcome to TorqueCars, it is a pleasure to meet you.

You'll find us a pretty friendly bunch and I'm sure you'll start to love and enjoy the forums as much as we all do. (It gets quite addictive at times.)

Feel free to get involved in our other threads, all opinions are welcome and as they say "the more the merrier"! (It's also great when people start new threads and discussions and all adds to the great debate.)

Keep us up to date with your project as well, we like to see what people are getting up to with their cars.

welcome waynne has covered the basics there.

you could always look to the 2.8 or 3.2 conversion if your wanting more power as i dont think theres really much for the v5

just got my v5 bora and was going to ask the same thing! im new to all this so will say hello to everyone aswell. one other thing, are coilovers a good idea for this motor? i want the firmer ride and to lower it a tiny bit but heard the heavy lump can kill off front coilovers quite quick??Many thanks

if you got the coilovers for a 1.4 then yes they would be wreaked in no time. but they wouldnt fit anyway as the hubs are different. if you get the set from the v5 and v6 then youll be fine the engine isnt that heavy really

cool cherz for that man, just fort i would ask my mates trying to put all sorts of crazy ideas into my head lol. Nice one

tcsmileysign.gif