Do you use your horn?

obi_waynne

Administrator
Staff member
Car
A3 1.4 TFSI 150 COD
How many drivers actually use their horn? One question on a claim form is did any driver sound their horn. A simple thing and it can prevent so many accidents, especially if a merging driver from an adjoining road has not made eye contact it can make all the difference but most drivers are so un used to using their horn they take a vital split second to find it or fail to press it hard enough or long enough.

:idea: On a lonely bit of road - just press your horn and see how loud it is - its quite liberating really! (If anyone asks - you just caught the horn accidentally BTW! :wink: )

On the continent the horn is a verstitile tool covering everything from - "hi buddy I'm right behind you" - through "Yup move over - I'll let you in" to - "please could you move your goat out of the way of my vehicle!" and - "I'm sitting here in this traffic jam too!" :lol:

A friend of mine used their lights to alert a car from pulling out and he ended up going into the other car. The other car told police he thought he was being "flashed out" and my friend admitted to police he had used his lights but as a warning not as a flash out! My friend ended up taking blame for the accident, but if he had used his horn, it would've been different!
I use my horn quite aggressively, i must admit, if someone goes to pull out, pulls out or is being a bit of a #### on the road. Usually there is some foul language to go with the horn! :twisted: :twisted:

OK Trooper - calm down and Breathe ......

Count to 10.

Think nice fluffy thoughts.

Relax.

Now you can run the Moron off the road. :twisted:

its sometimes hard to find the horn on some cars, for example on renault peugeot the horn is sometimes on the indicator stork. why?

in situations when you have a split second to react, the horn wants to be as close to where ur hands are - or should be - the steering wheel.

for me, in situations when i were cut up id become moody and follow them...

again with waving, beeping at people on the street is great fun :p

but i don't recommend this or condone it in any way......... :rolleyes:

here in syria most of drivers don't under stand you with lights so i'm forsed to use the horn not the :idea: :idea:

haha hear in the US people use there horns for no reason. its really anoying... your in trafic and going like 45 in a 60 and you slow down just alitle to murge... and there gose a horn and once someone hears a horn they deside to use there horn.... horid chain reaction...

i once saw a gathering at my local cinema, and 3 cars were synchronising their horns.

the sad thing is they probably waited all week to do that and they were soooo happy :lol: