Sports cat

UtK

Torque Junkie
Car
Ford Fiesta Zetec S
My mk5 fiesta zs currently has a miltek 421 manifold and decat exhaust. Just got MOT'd about a month ago and had to get the standard cat put back on in order to pass emissions. I would like to get the manifold put back on so was looking into getting sports cat to save me the hassle of swapping decat and standard cat come MOT time, the sports cat from Pumaspeed is out of my budget so could a custom sports cat be suitable such as this?

http://www.demon-tweeks.co.uk/Perfo...tainless_Sports_Catalytic_Converter/1871/6044

I wouldn't have thought that would get you car through an MOT. Id keep doing what your doing to be fair. Or just keep the CAT on. Im not sure if it makes much diff on power for your car.

I doubt a sports cat would make much difference tbh. The link doesn't work either so I can't see what you're talking about. Without seeing it I can tell you that you get what you pay for with sports cats though. If they're cheap, they're cheap for a reason.

I doubt a sports cat would make much difference tbh. The link doesn't work either so I can't see what you're talking about. Without seeing it I can tell you that you get what you pay for with sports cats though. If they're cheap, they're cheap for a reason.

Im not really after any power gains tbh seeing as how a decat is more likely to give me power which is not going to be massively noticable anyway, just want to get the mani back on. The only reason why i dont want to go decat is beacuse there is a spot close to me where trucks and vans are often inspected as well roadside emissions. Demon tweeks site seems to be down atm.

Im not really after any power gains tbh seeing as how a decat is more likely to give me power which is not going to be massively noticable anyway, just want to get the mani back on. The only reason why i dont want to go decat is beacuse there is a spot close to me where trucks and vans are often inspected as well roadside emissions. Demon tweeks site seems to be down atm.

In that case mate, go for it.

I will look into it some more, make sure it will fit my car and between the mani and exhaust without to much hassle. A 200 cell cat should be suitable for passing emssions yeah?

What has the country come to. Police will take up to 45 min to come to your home if a group of thugs are smashing it up, yet they will quite happily pull you over to check your emissions? :confused:

Nice to see they have there priorities in order.

They can check mine all they like. It will fail. Badly. But I will just say I have had to change my fuel filter, and I couldn't find the right one in my shed and im on my way to buy one. At the end of they day, they arn't going to convict, because you could probably stretch out a court hearing over a few years and cost ££££ to the British Tax payer. Delaying times and what not.

And lets face it, no one is going to pay the on the spot fine for failing an emissions test.

cus_stain-sp-cat.jpg

Description
The Custom Chrome Racing Stainless Sports Catalytic Converter increases the amount of gas flow through the catalytic converter itself reducing unwanted excess back pressure.

The Sports 'Cats' feature a high quality stainless steel finish enabling the product to be resistant to corrosion, whilst also including integral high strength. Ideal for high powered or turbocharged applications, the sports cats are specified for competition or track day use only as the complex inner construction is designed for performance gain rather than an every day replacement to your existing road vehicle catalytic converter.

Custom Chrome Racing provide three options within their sports cat range, either a 'Standard' type with 400 cells per square inch (CPSI) 'Performance' version with 200 CPSI or a 'Motorsport' version with 100 CPSI. Each item should provide a performance gain over an existing catalytic converter, with the motorsport version providing the least restriction of gas flow and therefore a maximum increase in performance. The sports cat have been developed to fit into many existing systems which is why they are available in various inlet diameters of: 2, 2.25, 2.5 & 3 Inch.

At 138 quid i'd rather spend my wedge elsewhere tbh.

I had a sports cat put on mine,only thing it did for mi was ermmm nowt,just very lighter and smaller.was size tin of beans and extremely lighter,they all have diff cells size on how much exhaust fumes it let's through.just got to remember,your stainless exhaust/manifold is smoother fumes pass along faster than the standard,so collects faster at the cat ,more cells to pass through,sports cat lesser cells,so pass more freely,just the lesser the cells the more chance of mot failure,think mine was 400 cells,neva failed mot.

Last edited:
x2

It's 'too cheap'. You get what you pay for.

Yeah lt does seem a little to cheap compared to the £370 something for the miltek one hence why i thought i would run it by you guys first. Will contact demon tweeks at some point and see what they say.

i have a 100cpi sportcat in my 3" downpipe and it has no problems at MOTs. The exhaust note is better and i did get a performance increase over the standard dp with the standard 400cpi cat.