What car to buy..?

Mx5

Torque Junkie
Car
3.8 V6 Holden Skip
Hey folks in desperate need of some help :D i have about 10,000 Australian Dollars to spend on the car insurace not included.

What im looking for is a 4 seater with potential, sadly a 2 seater is out the question at the moment. My not so short list is.

206 GTI
Nissan Skyline
1977 Toyota Celica Fastback, i saw one today and fell in love with it :D

The car canot be a turbo but i would like to fit a turbo or supercharger within the next couple of years.

All sugestions will be greatly apreciated

Thanks guys. Pete.

Looking at your short list you really do have an open mind here.

The Civic VTEC's are a good bet IMO. What sort of size of car do you need?

At the moment i have this boat.
23725280003_large.jpg

http://carphotos.cardomain.com/ride_images/2/4491/561/23725280003_large.jpg
Id like a smaller car maybe 2 door, im going to the car strip tomorrow so am gona look at all cars that are sugested.

I like the space of a big car but being old and a v6 it cost me a fortune in petrol. so anything economical is good to.

Im English, From Essex so naturaly the choice is a scooby or a cosworth, Scoobys are super common and cozy's arnt sadly, plus Monaro's are way out my price range and cost a crap load in fuel.

its going to cost you a fortune to add a turbo and a supercharger at a later date. just buy the car witha turbo because it is just a waste of money if you fit one on a non turbo car.

look at a polo with the 1.4 tsi thats got a turbo? or check out a pulsar gt turbo because a skyline is gonna **** you on insurance.

Last edited by a moderator:
Im English, From Essex so naturaly the choice is a scooby or a cosworth, Scoobys are super common and cozy's arnt sadly, plus Monaro's are way out my price range and cost a crap load in fuel.

Hahahaha class! :love:

Sure you can't insure a turbo? I have an English mate out there with a Pulsar and he is younger than me, 21 or 22 now IIRC.

1994 Dodge Viper!

No, but seriously, a BMW would prob. fit you just fine :) they have decent power from the factory, they look nice, they take boost well. Just good cars in general. do eeet!

Or just get a Lamborghini.

£10000 Auz Dollers. Thats like £6300. Have you thought about importing from Japan? You can get a lot for your money by doing that. You can pick up one of the newer skylines (although, not a car of choice for myself, as I wouldn't call them skylines) witch are non turbo, diver it for a few years and then do what you like. They don't cost much to import and they are low mileage.

Howzit people, great topic i think the choice of a car should be as imprtant if not more than choosing a woman, if youre not sure it could turn into a black hole, personally before you do choose you need to have an idea of what you want, brand, hatch/sedan, two/four door etc. Narrow it down a bit for yourself. Having about 50% of your choice of vehicle being something that you would actually want or like. There after you can start filling in the gaps with models, front wheel/rear wheel drive, reliability, durability, TUNABILITY, parts availability. It took me about a year to find fulfilment of the heart and hard earned money.

Greetings CombustHugger and a Warm Welcome to our TorqueCars Forum my Friend!

Good to have you along with us :)

Please watch this on my YouTube channel & Subscribe.

Back