Ive got the Mx5 Bug

Mx5

Torque Junkie
Car
3.8 V6 Holden Skip
Whilst on a gap year in Australia i had a 1989 1.6i Eurno Roadster, made a month before i was born and fell in love with it, the only issue i had was i kept being thrashed by v6 and v8 Holden Comodors and Ford somethings,

If like a 3-400 bhp possible just by moding a normal 1.8 engine and not having to change the whole engine for something diffrent.

They are my dream car so for me money isnt a problem because i have all the time in the world to do it lol if it takes me 20 years i will have a mx5 to rival the biggest Oz cars.

Hey & welcome!
The thing with the MX5 is that it weighs a lot less than the big Aussie V8 cars so you won't need as much power to compete with them.

I'd imagine 250 bhp in an MX5 would be more than adequate!

There is a UK firm that does a turbo up grade for about £5000 including the donor car. They don't just give the car more power they uprate everything else & refresh the body work too.

I think you'll find this article interesting. :D

http://digiads.com.au/car-news/latest-MAZDA-news/2010_BBR_Mazda_MX5_Turbo_201012.html

thanks for welcomes and that sounds great Loz, but i was thinking of doing alot of the work myself on a teach as i go basis i dont really know alot but thats what YouTube is for, I was pretty much thinking..

Fly Wheel
Clutch
Lowered slightly
16" Wheels
Light weight seats
Strut Brasis
Air intake
Exhaust

and either Turbo and what goes with it or a Supercharger. (i would obviously have that fitted by a garage)

and NO BODYKIT (maybe a very subtle one) but so know one knows untill i drive off

sorry i get a little carried away haha

thanks for welcomes and that sounds great Loz, but i was thinking of doing alot of the work myself on a teach as i go basis i dont really know alot but thats what YouTube is for, I was pretty much thinking..

Fly Wheel
Clutch
Lowered slightly
16" Wheels
Light weight seats
Strut Brasis
Air intake
Exhaust

and either Turbo and what goes with it or a Supercharger. (i would obviously have that fitted by a garage)

and NO BODYKIT (maybe a very subtle one) but so know one knows untill i drive off

sorry i get a little carried away haha

Sounds like a plan :lol:. However, I'd suggest not going with wheels larger than 15" and forget the clutch/flywheel/intake/exhaust until after you've added forced induction (which it sounds like you will do soon :blink1:).

I have a '92 with all those modifications and a few more and it's a lot of fun! Good luck with your car and welcome to the forum!

Please watch this on my YouTube channel & Subscribe.

Back