Induction

UtK

Torque Junkie
Car
Ford Fiesta Zetec S
I got my zetec s almost a month ago and i am now looking at getting an induction kit. Which should i go for a K&N, pipercross or some other one. I will have a cold air feed for the kit so that should reduce some hot air intake.

I imagine all will give you similar power gains if the cold air feed is generous enough. Go for whatever you think is best in terms of price and styling.

It depends if you are after the induction noise or power. cotton filters give the best filtration and power. Ive heard good things about the bmc boxes as well. Personally Igo with a panel filter in the oem airbox. For about £50 you cant really go wrong.

I agree with wayne if you're not set on an induction kit. Just go for a panel filter. And derestrict your airbox if possible

yep get a panel filter if you must as it wont give you any real gains
jut dont put a induction kit on it as they give you less power due to sucking in more hot air

I looked at that kit but it doesnt seem to be available for my car :( i am edging towards the apollo kit but will look into it further otherwise its back to the the 57i induction or panel filter

This months redline mag has a feature on induction kits and the car used was a Zetec S. They concluded that the K&N wasn't the best flowing filter, another cotton filter by powertec came out top. The thing is though that filtration is also important.

I put a K&N Cotton panel filter in mine and it worked really well. I didn't get the induction roar either, just a freer top end and the car felt more lively in traffic as well.

Open iks don't really help as they suck in hot engine bay air. A closed ik with a cold air feed from outside the engine bay will make the car drive betterm

Power is the most important aspect but i would like some noticeable induction roar if possible which is why a panel filter isnt at the top of the list. Is a cold air feed effective on an open induction or does it vary and/or depend on positioning, diameter of the feed etc.

You'd benefit from a cold air feed pipe wether your ik is closed or open, but the benefits are much greater from it if its a closed ik. Even a closed ik will give you some induction noise and will give you a bit of hp boost so it's best all round.